Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Official moOde 6.5.1 support thread
Upgrading from 6.4.2 to 6.5.1 I noticed that I can see less albums at once in the album view.

The difference on my systems in available rows x columns thumbnails:
         tablet     pc
6.4.2   3.0x7     3.6x8
6.5.1   2.5x6     2.8x7

Is there a way how you can influence the scaling in 6.5.x ?

Thanks,
Marcel

ps found that changing panel.min.css does the trick (from thumbcols:16vw  to thumbcols:12vw), but not sure if that does have other unwanted side effects ?
(04-30-2020, 03:53 AM)duracell80 Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 08:17 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: lol, moOde has no guarantees at all, none!, but our dysfunctional crew of hackers try to make some decent software to play music and help where we can :-)

Love that, I need part of that printing out for work Smile

LOVE the transparency and full screen modal for settings menu. Kinda disappointing to see the menu down chevron gone. It doesn't look like a menu now, maybe doing it as a "hamburger" would make it look more of a menu again? And the power off / reboot buttons being red rather than green throws me off a little but I love how huge they are.

The glow around the rings is very cool. Some OCD feedback here it's very minor. On the Raspberry Pi 7" Touch Screen the glow is cut off slightly by the surround container. Maybe some padding to move the ring more center?

Could use some padding in the bottom playbar to move the text and the controls further away from the edges and that little thick line was really slick in the old bar as a reminder on how to get back to the full player. The bottom playbar has a few minor issues on the time/countdown when a playlist item has a known duration.

New bar

Old bar

Here's possibly a playlist to plop into the RADIO and Playlist folders to help reproduce the playback time/countdown issue I saw. This doesn't happen with the old bar.

Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:2212,Sky News Daily - 04/29/2020 - Covid-19 crisis in care homes as PM becomes a dad again | 29 April 2020
https://api.spreaker.com/download/episode/26369515/podcast_final_290420_daily_boosted.mp3

#EXTINF:2586,Sky News Daily - 04/28/2020 - Protecting those in the NHS & social care: have we done enough? | 28 April 2020
https://api.spreaker.com/download/episode/26295082/podcast_final_280420_daily_boosted.mp3

#EXTINF:2114,Sky News Daily - 04/27/2020 - Covid-19 crisis: PM asks for our patience to avoid 'a new wave of death' | 27 April 2020
https://api.spreaker.com/download/episode/26218708/podcast_final_270420_daily_boosted.mp3

#EXTINF:1941,Sky News Daily - 04/24/2020 - UK Covid-19 crisis: Are we being treated like children? | 24 April 2020
https://api.spreaker.com/download/episode/26024138/podcast_final_240420_boosted2.mp3

I am able to repro with the first url.  The code thinks its a song file and not a radio station, prolly cos its only checking for the string "http" to differentiate between radio and song file. I'll investigate.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
After examining the code it turns out to be a case which has not been coded for yet.

Radio stations i.e. streaming sources always have the MPD status variable "time" equal to 0 but in this case the streaming source has "time" set to a value which causes a particular function to format the Playbar for a song file.
Enjoy the Music!
The upcoming 6.5.2 update fixes the Spotify issue on arm6.
Enjoy the Music!
(04-30-2020, 02:09 PM)bitlab Wrote: Upgrading from 6.4.2 to 6.5.1 I noticed that I can see less albums at once in the album view.

The difference on my systems in available rows x columns thumbnails:
         tablet     pc
6.4.2   3.0x7     3.6x8
6.5.1   2.5x6     2.8x7

Is there a way how you can influence the scaling in 6.5.x ?

Thanks,
Marcel

ps found that changing panel.min.css does the trick (from thumbcols:16vw  to thumbcols:12vw), but not sure if that does have other unwanted side effects ?

What make and model are the tablets and do you know their viewport sizes?
Enjoy the Music!
I had an issue of UI freeze (or almost):
1. search in library view. After type some text hit ENTER key.

At this time, if I click on an result album, nothing will happen.

If I do not hit ENTER and just move over and click on an album, it works just fine.

I'm using a Linux PC with latest Chrome. On my pixel phone I also experience the same problem. I cannot hit equivalent of ENTER.

Also, I like the old UI where search field is just there, not in a drop down. But this is minor.
The enter key is only needed for submitting the special year or year range search. This is explained in Quick help. If not doing the year search then as you enter the search string a type down search will be performed on the album list. Type down search is also used for the Playlist and Radio list.

I am able to repro the enter key issue though and will investigate.
Enjoy the Music!
Wink 
(04-30-2020, 10:01 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The enter key is only needed for submitting the special year or year range search. This is explained in Quick help. If not doing the year search then as you enter the search string a type down search will be performed on the album list. Type down search is also used for the Playlist and Radio list.

I am able to repro the enter key issue though and will investigate.

hit ENTER is a habit and a little hard to avoid sometimesSmile Thanks for the reply.
For sure :-)

I suspect a bug though. The enter key on a non year search should not cause any issues.
Enjoy the Music!
@duracell80
@Tim Curtis

I'm not sure where this discussion of podcasts is going.

I thought the original post http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...2#pid19422 was concerned with the seekbar wonkiness in v6.5.1 which has been discussed elsewhere and is being resolved.

The podcast illustrated in the image in that post is indeed a file with a title and a duration of 36-odd minutes (e.g., 2212 sec) as the #EXTINF line in the .m3u file declared. It's the seekbar wonkiness which makes it look strange in the image.  

As previously noted, these MP3 podcasts are not streams of an infinite number of MP3 frames ala a radio station but rather what some call "MP3-on-demand" in which the server is "streaming" the finite number of MP3 frames from an MP3 file rather than offering the MP3 file for download.

As for the apparent 0 time duration of a true MP3 stream, see the MPD plugin which parses .m3u files. From src/playlist/plugins/EXTM3uPlaylistPlugin.cxx, this snippet shows MPD forces any negative value to zero before anything else sees it.

Code:
/**
* Parse a EXTINF line.
* @param line the rest of the input line after the colon
*/
static Tag
extm3u_parse_tag(const char *line)
{
    long duration;
    char *endptr;
    const char *name;

duration = strtol(line, &endptr, 10);
    if (endptr[0] != ',')
        /* malformed line */
        return Tag();

if (duration < 0)
        /* 0 means unknown duration */
        duration = 0;

In any case, M3U has no formal specification and the use of -1 to indicate a stream seems to be a convention. In example 1 of the Wikipedia article on M3U is found

Quote:A length of -1 or 0 may be used when the media file is a streaming file, as there is no actual, predefined length value.

Just my 2-cents worth.

Regards,
Kent