Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

How to get rid of .Trashes folder in thumbdrive shown in Moode Folder view
Hi, I am playing music using Moode on Allo DigiOne. All music files reside in a folder in a thumb drive attached to the DigiOne. 

When I use Moode folder view to look my thumb drive, I can see a .Trashes folder. When I stick the thumbdrive in my Mac, I cannot see the .Trashes folder on my thumbdrive. How do I delete away this .Trashes folder?

I am sorry for asking such a basic question. I try to read up and I tried different things. To no avail. Hope someone can give me a pointer. Thank you. 

Btw, Moode is a wonderful player. My files are all in aiff and I could not get volumio to read the metadata. I switch to Moode and have no issues. It is great. 

---
Release Information Platform Information

• Raspbian: 10.2

• Linux kernel: 4.19.97-v7+ #1293

• Platform: Pi-3B 1GB v1.2

• Architecture: armv7l

• MPD version: 0.21.16
Just delete it. On a non-Windows operating system a file or directory beginning with a dot is a hidden file.
On MacOS you can show hidden files in your file manager with [cmd]+[shift]+[.], on other desktop environments it's [ctrl]+[h].

You could also delete this file on the Pi by enabling the ssh terminal server in Moode's system settings and using the command line in the ssh terminal or connecting to the Pi from your computer using an sftp client.
It's those annoying OS X resource fork files.

Here's the process I use via ssh

First change into the directory you want to clean for example:

pi@rp3:~ $ cd /media/VFAT128/
pi@rp3:/media/VFAT128 $ 

Then run all the commands below.
Code:
sudo find . -name "._*" -exec rm -rf {} \;
sudo find . -name ".Trashes" -exec rm -rf {} \;
sudo find . -name "._.Trashes" -exec rm -rf {} \;
sudo find . -name ".Spotlight*" -exec rm -rf {} \;
sudo find . -name ".DS_Store" -exec rm -rf {} \;
sudo find . -name "._.DS_Store" -exec rm -rf {} \;
sudo find . -name ".fseventsd*" -exec rm -rf {} \;
sudo find . -name "._.com.apple.timemachine.donotpresent" -exec rm -rf {} \;
sudo find . -name ".com.apple.timemachine.donotpresent" -exec rm -rf {} \;
sudo find . -name ".TemporaryItems" -exec rm -rf {} \;
sudo find . -name "._.TemporaryItems" -exec rm -rf {} \;
sudo find . -name "._moodecfg.txt" -exec rm -rf {} \;
sudo find . -name "__MACOSX" -exec rm -rf {} \;

Then change back to home directory

cd ~
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@LittleToast 

Quote:When I use Moode folder view to look my thumb drive, I can see a .Trashes folder. When I stick the thumbdrive in my Mac, I cannot see the .Trashes folder on my thumbdrive. How do I delete away this .Trashes folder?

FYI

The moOde Folder view is not a file manager and doesn't list directories as a file manager would. It only shows directories which happen to contain recognizable music files. If the .Trashes directory did not contain music files it would not show up in the moOde Folder view.

On your Mac you are using a file manager to view the thumb drive. It doesn't show the .Trashes directory because its name starts with a dot---an old Unix trick to hide files or directories in normal listings that is also used in Linux, OS X, and other Unix-like operating systems.

Regards,
Kent
Thumbs Up 
Thank you everyone for you reply! I will try.
(04-28-2020, 05:19 PM)LittleToast Wrote: Thank you everyone for you reply! I will try.

Thanks to all your valuable help, I manage to delete the folder away. I updated the MPD database and the deleted files are no longer shown in Moode. Thank you everyone!
Hi all,

Using a MacBook Pro to encode my CDs to flac files and copy them to an external SSD, before ejecting the drive I perform the following commands in Terminal :

mount

(this way I can copy the path of my drive)

followed by this command :

dot_clean /path_of_my_drive

I am not bothered with the nasty hidden files anymore Smile

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Renaud
Thank you!