Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode 6.5 and Kazoo
I don't know if this is relevant to this thread, but I use Kazoo as a control point and bubble upnp to create an open home renderer for moode. Things are fine when I play from my local music collection, but when I try to play from Qobuz via this setup, playback sometimes cuts off. I also have a squeezebox server and use moode as a squeezelite player. Here i use the Qobuz plugin for squeezebox to play from Qobuz and this works fine. BTW I am using moode 531 from Allo because moode is running on a USBridge sig and I occasionally got pops in playback on my Chord Qutest (even with cpu set to performance)
(04-30-2020, 09:10 PM)sjt1970 Wrote: I don't know if this is relevant to this thread,

perhaps  the following first point is

Quote:... I use Kazoo as a control point and bubble upnp to create an open home renderer for moode. Things are fine when I play from my local music collection, but when I try to play from Qobuz via this setup, playback sometimes cuts off.

You didn't mention which Kazoo app this is, iOS or Android. Even in direct control of moOde as Media Renderer I've seen different behavior between them. Have you tried any other control point apps to see if the issue occurs when using them?

It's your "and bubble upnp to create an open home renderer for moode" that I'm still getting my arms around. It may be that transitioning to a newer version of upmpcli (which I'm testing now) will obviate the need to do that, but it's early days. Meanwhile, I am uncertain what and how to test for such interruptions when the cause could lie anywhere in the chain.

Quote:I also have a squeezebox server and use moode as a squeezelite player. Here i use the Qobuz plugin for squeezebox to play from Qobuz and this works fine.

This is good to know but it's a validation of the squeezelite renderer included in the moOde codebase and not a test of moOde UPnP/DLNA or OpenHome behavior.

Quote:BTW I am using moode 531 from Allo because moode is running on a USBridge sig and I occasionally got pops in playback on my Chord Qutest (even with cpu set to performance)

I see you've raised this issue in a more appropriate thread so no need to comment here.

Just my 2-cents worth.

Regards,
Kent
moOde 6.5.1 fully supports the SIG including the Allo enhanced ASIX USB/Ethernet driver.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-30-2020, 09:10 PM)sjt1970 Wrote: .. I use Kazoo as a control point and bubble upnp to create an open home renderer for moode.
Actually, one of the default settings for upmpdcli enables OpenHome services (openhome=1) so there should be no need to run BubbleUPnP Server if you're using Kazoo as a control point, as this has specifically developed as an OpenHome control point. Having said that, I note you're using Qobuz but this can be accessed via upmpdcli as well
(04-29-2020, 03:59 PM)Zigzag Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 02:57 PM)SoundAdikt Wrote: ... The Upmpdcli documentation says from v1.3 it does support Tidal using Kazoo but something has changed - I believe v6.5/v6.5.1 is still running Upmpdcli v1.2.16 (not had time to upgrade yet).

I suggest you upgrade upmpdcli to the lastest version, test it, and if your issue still persits contact its developer, who in my reckoning provides excellent support - https://framagit.org/medoc92.  Incidentially, I upgraded to the latest version of upmpdcli without issue on Moode v6.4.

Can you tell me how to upgrade upmpdcli ?

I am using Moode 6.5.1. My problem with Tidal is: Moode can see the albums, tracks but Moode cannot play it. Another problem is when I browse [My Playlists] or [Favourite Albums] or other in [My Music], the result is only "Sevice login or communication failure". I think this problem is relate to what you said, there may be some change in API of Tidal. That why I want to upgrade upmpdcli. 

Thank you.
(05-02-2020, 10:55 AM)Maitrang Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 03:59 PM)Zigzag Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 02:57 PM)SoundAdikt Wrote: ... The Upmpdcli documentation says from v1.3 it does support Tidal using Kazoo but something has changed - I believe v6.5/v6.5.1 is still running Upmpdcli v1.2.16 (not had time to upgrade yet).

I suggest you upgrade upmpdcli to the lastest version, test it, and if your issue still persits contact its developer, who in my reckoning provides excellent support - https://framagit.org/medoc92.  Incidentially, I upgraded to the latest version of upmpdcli without issue on Moode v6.4.

Can you tell me how to upgrade upmpdcli ?

I am using Moode 6.5.1. My problem with Tidal is, when I browse [My Playlists] or [Favourite Albums] or other in [My Music], the result is only "Sevice login or communication failure". I think this problem is relate to what you said, there may be some change in API of Tidal. That why I want to upgrade upmpdcli. 

Thank you.

What Control Point app are you using?

I have set up no Tidal "My ..." or "Favorite ..." anything in my Tidal account or my players so they should all be empty.

Using either Linn Kinsky or Linn Kazoo on my iPad:
  • On a stock moOde 6.5.1 (upmpdcli 1.2.16) I get this error message only when I ask for Favorite Artists. Other selections return empty lists.
  • On a moOde 6.5.1 (upmpdcli 1.4.7) I do not set get it at all. All selections return empty lists.

Using BubbleUPnP on my Android Pixel 3A phone:
  • Whether upmpdcli 1.2.16 or 1.4.7, all the "Favorite..." and "My ..." selections return empty lists.
Linn Kazoo on my Android Pixel 3A has begun misbehaving so for now I'm not testing with it until I do a clear uninstall and reinstall.

'Upgrading" upmpdcli isn't hard for someone comfortable with all the arcana of installation from packages using apt. You can read the instructions by following the download links on the upmpdcli website and being sure to use the Raspbian Buster repo. For use with Tidal you'll need the upmpdcli and upmpdcli-tidal packages.

It can also be installed from sources using Tim's moOde build recipe suitably modified for the new version. I'm checking that now.

The basic features should "just work". Some new features (as opposed to fixes) may not be configurable via the moOde configuration panel and you'll have to do some hand editing of /etc/upmpdcli.conf.

If all this sound too much then best wait until we slip a newer version into the moOde image and (if necessary) adjust the configuration panel.

Regards,
Kent
@Maitrang

Amendment to my previous reply:

Through a native Tidal app I've added at least one artist, track, and album to "My Collection".

Now when I use a UPnP Control Point app to access Tidal via moOde 6.5.1 (upmpdcli 1.2.16) I see these entries in "My..." or "Favorite..." lists. This includes Linn Kazoo on my iPad.

I think your issue may lie elsewhere than in the version of upmpdcli we're using.

Regards,
Kent
(05-02-2020, 12:38 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @Maitrang

Through a native Tidal app I've added at least one artist, track, and album to "My Collection".

Now when I use a UPnP Control Point app to access Tidal via moOde 6.5.1 (upmpdcli 1.2.16) I see these entries in "My..." or "Favorite..." lists. This includes Linn Kazoo on my iPad.

I think your issue may lie elsewhere than in the version of upmpdcli we're using.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent,
Thank you so much for quick and detail reply. I tested Linn and Linn Kazoo on iPhone 6S and iPad; Linn Kazoo, BubbleUPnP on an Anrdoid Samsung phone. All results are the same. In my Tidal app, and even tidal in mconnect (iphone) everything works fine. I have favorite albums, artists, tracks, but empty playlist.

Actually I cannot guest where the problem is except upmpdcli.

Regards,
Kent

Updated: I have updated upmpdcli successfully (must used Buster Raspbian as your notice). The problem still exists. I also try to login tidal in BubbleUPNP for Android client and it's not successful (Authentication failed: time out). But Tidal app and mconnect is work fine Sad. Can you give me some suggestions ?
(05-02-2020, 07:00 PM)Maitrang Wrote:

Regards,
Kent

Updated: I have updated upmpdcli successfully (must used Buster Raspbian as your notice). The problem still exists. I also try to login tidal in BubbleUPNP for Android client and it's not successful (Authentication failed: time out). But Tidal app and mconnect is work fine Sad. Can you give me some suggestions ?

Sorry. I've just tested that I can also create a personal playlist in a native Tidal app and have the playlist show up in my BubbleUPnP and Linn Kinsky apps when using upmdcli 1.2.16, so I still don't believe using the older version is the issue.

Are you perhaps trying to sign into Tidal from moOde with "FLAC (Lossless)" streaming quality but your subscription doesn't qualify for it? That's something I didn't think of before.

Regards,
Kent