Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Strange UPnP issue
(05-06-2020, 11:57 AM)Zigzag Wrote:
(05-05-2020, 03:20 PM)SoundAdikt Wrote: Unfortunately not because Kazoo relies on the Qobuz capabilities provided by Davaar - the firmware stack that runs on Linn DS players. The closest you would get is running the full open home stack available at openhome.org - much of Linn's firmware is based on this. Alas, this is not integrated with Moode.  If it was, then things like in-sync multiroom playing should be possible.
Actually, I think you’ll find that Upmpdci incorporates Songcast, allowing synchronized multi-room play to be implemented.  I’ve previously asked (on the DIYaudio website) for this to be included in Moode, but it was discovered that it had a number of issues so this wasn’t taken forwarded.  And some of these issues also feature in the Linn eco-system, with Linn stating on its website for instance that due to security changes Songcast may no longer work on PCs and Macs.  

Having said that, since I made that request there has been a succession of updates to Upmpdci and the likes of Kazoo, so perhaps some of these issues have been overcome.  Maybe someone out there would be brave enough to evaluate whether the Songcast capabilities of the latest version of Upmpdci is now a viable proposition.
Songcast - the ability to synchronise music playback in more than one room through separate Linn Digital Stream players works fine (in a pure Linn environment).

Confusingly, the same term was also used to send audio from or Windows or Mac system to any Linn DS - like Airplay but at higher quality.  It is the latter that has been discontinued.  The former is very much alive and kicking and supported.
I can confirm the Openhome stack (from http://openhome.org/pages/use/index.html) still works correctly with Qobuz and I imagine the same would apply to Tidal. There are pre-compiled binaries for different platforms (including Mac and RPi). On my Mac, I used the Linn Konfig application (to enable Qobuz and then using Kazoo - https://www.linn.co.uk/software), I could browse Qobuz and play tracks through my Mac.
(05-07-2020, 08:33 AM)SoundAdikt Wrote: I can confirm the Openhome stack (from http://openhome.org/pages/use/index.html) still works correctly with Qobuz and I imagine the same would apply to Tidal.  There are pre-compiled binaries for different platforms (including Mac and RPi). On my Mac, I used the Linn Konfig application (to enable Qobuz and then using Kazoo - https://www.linn.co.uk/software), I could browse Qobuz and play tracks through my Mac.

Please see: http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=2497
Why not create a new thread specifically for OpenHome instead of burying this exchange under "Strange UPnP Issue"?
(05-08-2020, 11:54 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Why not create a new thread specifically for OpenHome instead of burying this exchange under "Strange UPnP Issue"?

Thanks, that's a valid comment - I've just done this for my Qobuz post
Upmpdcli version you get from the steps in post #2 is now 1.4.10-1 with updated key for the Tidal plugin.
Unfortunately i don't get covers with these versions. Does someone know what to do?
Just to follow up on this. I tried the updated Upmpdcli and the issues were exactly the same as before. I can start a song playing via Qobuz through mconnect to moode. But when I either press next track or even select a completely different album it just stops playing and won’t resume until you wait for about a minute and then select a different track. After the replies I got on here blaming the mconnect app I then contacted the writers of Mconnect and they assured me the issue was with moode and not their software. Feeling frustrated I thought I’d give Volumio a try and it all works as it should using Volumio. So maybe the issue isn’t mconnect after all. I’d really rather be using moode though :-(
@Leeshep

I think Tim's reply was more nuanced than simply blaming mconnect. If you had done the Google search he suggested you would have turned up a ton of hits on track skipping with Qobuz (and other streaming services) using various softwares including mconnect, Roon, etc., so not just moOde.

In common with other, similar players, Volumio and moOde depend on a number of third-party components for various functionalities. Which components and what versions is critical information in understanding a issue. If you search the Volumio Build repo you'll discover their recipe specifies upmpdcli 1.2.12.

I don't know what the answer is to the Qobuz issue. I don't have a subscription so can't attempt to repro. 

With more diagnostic info we might be able to resolve it but you might be able to tell from my other posts to the forum that I'm tiring of the kerfuffles which keep cropping up with the streaming services. More and more I just use their branded apps with moOde as the renderer. For my own collection and for Internet radio stations, I use the moOdeUI as it was intended.

Regards,
Kent
Correct. These are not issues with moOde software but with these other 3rd party client apps.

If they require a specific back-level version of upmpdcli to work correctly and fail to work on later or current release of upmpdci then they should be filing bug reports with upmpdcli maintainer.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
The issue with hacked authentication tokens in upmpdcli being revoked by the service providers isn't going away either. Whether its next month or next year the correct tokens will fail and users will be forced to hack new tokens.

This is also not a moOde issue.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub