Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 6.5.2 support thread
One of the things I’ve noticed since 6.5 relates to the old “update thumbnail cache” function on the Library Configuration page, which was removed when the “update library now including update thumbnail cache” function was moved to the top level drop down menu (of which I heartily approve!).

I’ve been “amusing” myself during retirement and lockdown by editing and correcting metadata for my NAS database; mostly this has involved merely updating album covers. The editor I have been using is MP3Tag. What appears to happen if I just change a cover picture, is that the “update library” function does not pick up the change. And yes, I have tried clearing the thumbnail cache, etc etc after each “update library”.

My only recourse is to perform a full “regenerate thumbnail cache”, then clear the cache and reload the library. I don’t recall this being an issue in 6.4.x, when I could use the now defunct “update thumbnail cache” to quickly update the thumbnails after editing.

To be sure, this is not a huge issue, and once I have completed my update of the whole datebase (doing the “J”s at the moment  Rolleyes ), then it should not be an issue, and the “update library” function will come into its own.

However, I contend that the stand-alone “update thumbnail cache” function did/would, in fact, serve a useful purpose in 6.5.x, and should be restored to the Library Configuration page.
Hi Tim,

I have a very small problem since 6.5.? but only with RasPi Zero W (Have 2 more systems with moode running with no problems). It's not really importend, because the Zero acts only as an DLNA renderer in the kitchen.

When I connect to the Zero starting with internet radio the thumbs of the radio stations are not shown. See screenshot.First I thought, the Zero has not enough power for that, but when I reload the site, they appear quickly!

Best regards
Norbert

Edit: the problem appears only with firefox, not with safari (both on Mac OSX)

(05-05-2020, 08:59 PM)suzywong Wrote: One of the things I’ve noticed since 6.5 relates to the old “update thumbnail cache” function on the Library Configuration page, which was removed when the “update library now including update thumbnail cache” function was moved to the top level drop down menu (of which I heartily approve!).

I’ve been “amusing” myself during retirement and lockdown by editing and correcting metadata for my NAS database; mostly this has involved merely updating album covers. The editor I have been using is MP3Tag. What appears to happen if I just change a cover picture, is that the “update library” function does not pick up the change. And yes, I have tried clearing the thumbnail cache, etc etc after each “update library”.

My only recourse is to perform a full “regenerate thumbnail cache”, then clear the cache and reload the library. I don’t recall this being an issue in 6.4.x, when I could use the now defunct “update thumbnail cache” to quickly update the thumbnails after editing.

To be sure, this is not a huge issue, and once I have completed my update of the whole datebase (doing the “J”s at the moment  Rolleyes ), then it should not be an issue, and the “update library” function will come into its own.

However, I contend that the stand-alone “update thumbnail cache” function did/would, in fact, serve a useful purpose in 6.5.x, and should be restored to the Library Configuration page.

It can be confusing but the thumbnail generator creates the thumb image filename based on a hash of the path to Album directory. When it runs it hashes each path in the input directory listing and then checks to see if a hash.jpg already exists  in the thumbnail cache. If it does it skips to the next path. 

What this means is that its Update mode is actually only able to add new thumbnail images not replace existing ones. The Regenerate mode simply deletes the thumbnail cache so that all new thumbnail images are created.

You might ask why is it done this way. The answer is that this particular approach allows the client to instantly obtain the hash of the thumbnail image for display by simply hashing the path string. If the entire image file had to be hashed there would be performance issues.

I'm sure there are other approaches to doing this kind of thing and I'd certainly be interested in any contributions to the subject.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Oh well, never mind; obviously my memory was faulty regarding 6.4.x.

As I said, it’s not a huge issue for me - I can do a batch of updates and then go mow the lawn while it’s doing its regeneration thing. Smile
Hi,

Trying to update from moode 6.4.2 to 6.5.2 via the System Config page but everytime I get a "software is up to date", this is the first time this happens, any help would be welcome, thanks.
The move from 6.4 to 6.5 requires a fresh installation.
Smile 
(05-06-2020, 08:24 AM)jonners Wrote: The move from 6.4 to 6.5 requires a fresh installation.

Must have missed that, thanks!  Smile
(05-05-2020, 07:42 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(05-05-2020, 02:04 PM)ambrits Wrote:
(05-05-2020, 10:41 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Thats interesting. When you get a moment zip up the wave pack (.wv) file and email or PM me a download link.

If I can repro I might be able to post the issue for MPD maintainer to look at.

Ok, I have sent the link via email.

I'm not able to repro. I copied the entire directory to my test collection on USB drive and no issues with MPD indexing or playback.

I already deleted the original file that caused the problem. This was a re-download. It may not have been a problem with the file, but something happened while copying to the NAS. It stay a secret. The 6.5.2 is working very well now. Smile
(05-05-2020, 07:43 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(05-05-2020, 02:27 PM)the_bertrum Wrote: I've just noticed this in 6.5.2 but it may have been there before.  In the "Album" view of the Library on my phone, the alphabet down the right side gets truncated at Y in portrait and W in landscape.  I've tried Chrome, Firefox and the built in "Samsung Internet Browser" and all have the same.  Obvs, this is an android phone (Samsung A40).

Have you saved the Browser as a "Home Screen" app or are you viewing moOde in-Browser?

It makes no difference, the situation is the same from both methods.
----------------
Robert
I'm not seeing these two issues on my 7" Touch. The Playbar padding around the text looks ok and the previous button seems easy enough to see.

I've found that sometimes when viewing the Pi Touch 479 x 799 or 598 x 998 in a viewport sim some of the elements are not positioned precisely like they are on a real Touch.

I am seeing an alignment issue in line 2 in the Playlist though.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub