Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 6.5.2 support thread
I refresh my system with 6.5.2 and notice random crack and pop during playback. Already raised the buffer, change governor to performance, switch mpd version, enable / disable usb fix. None seem to work so far. I never had issue with 6.4.2. Mine is pi zero w.

Anybody having same experience?

One more thing. System info keep showing Volume Normalisation = Yes even if I never set it.

One more thing. When I
A cosmetic issue, but, in the MPD options I don't see my USB DAC, but it's working fine

I read through to figure out why and I noticed that in the function getDeviceNames it expects "ALSA" in /proc/asound/card0/id
My Pi is reporting "Headphones"

I have a Topping D50s DAC connected over USB and in "/proc/asound/card1/id" it is reporting "D50s"

If I hack a mod to line 1777 of /var/www/inc/playerlib.php:
Code:
          if ($card1 != '' && ($card0 == "ALSA\n" || $card0 == "Headphones\n")) {

instead of
Code:
          if ($card1 != '' && $card0 == "ALSA\n") {

I get the correct display in the MPD config UI.

I'm not sure what this might screw up though if there are other dependencies.

Thanks for this great piece of work, I'm loving Moode Audio on my Pi!
Thats odd.

If D50 is the only device connected and it's a USB audio device then card0 should be Pi on-board audio which has id=ALSA.

Is there an I2S HAT also connected?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
No, I did have a HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro HAT but SPIDF was glitchy, so I took the HAT off and reverted to USB.
TBH USB works better and allows the Pi4 to run cooler, so I'm happy keeping it this way.

It only shows 2 cards:
pi@moode:~ $ ls /proc/asound/
card0  cards  devices     hwdep    pcm  timers
card1  D50s   Headphones  modules  seq  versio

D50s is a simlink to card1, while Headphones is simlinked to card0

I have f'd about with it a bit though, so who knows where I messed things up...

mpd.conf shows the output as:
audio_output {
type "alsa"
name "ALSA default"
device "hw:1,0"
mixer_type "software"
dop "no"
}

When I first took the HAT off, the USB Audio showed up in the UI, but after selecting it, I can't see it anymore..

At some point I'll image the SD card and reinstall to see if it fixes it - reinstall restored "ALSA" as the card0
However, apt update && apt upgrade changed it to "Headphones"
Kernel version is now: 4.19.118-v8+
(05-29-2020, 06:51 AM)JonPike Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 12:38 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @JonPike 

As your alsacap output shows, your Schiit is reporting it can handle 32-bit material so moOde/MPD/ALSA will send it, but in a quick search of the InterWEB™, I see others saying it converts 32-bit material back down to 24-bit internally.

Why don't you ask Schiit?

Regards,
Kent

I may..  but that probably isn't part of the issue here.  From data sheets,  we  know that the core DAC can handle up to 32/768,  if set up for it,  but the USB interface can handle a max of 32/192.  The SPDIF input is limited to 24/192. 

<snip>

Anyway, don't want to beat a dead horse,  or even one that's just feeling poorly...  Was hoping it might be an easy thing to find.

Overall conclusion, if you're using a Schiit Modi 3 (or any other dac that has limits?) and you want to resample and do some DSP,  best keep it below the limit it should perform at.

Wanted to follow up on this for completion...

I never found comments that the Modi converts 32b to 24b,  and actually, wonder how someone would know?

I did get some email answers back from Schiit,  and according to them the Modi is "supposed to support up to 24/192" but agreed it "most likely could" handle up to 32/192 over the USB.  Kinda playing it safe there... Big Grin    So, somewhat an agreement of my estimation of the capabilities of the USB interface chip.

At any rate, if you don't exceed */192 with any DAC when using the EQ's all should be fine. Also, it's good to know the limitations of your particular hardware, and configure your system accordingly.

Also, (no paid sales pitch at all!) the Schiit Modi  is a fine measuring and sounding USB DAC for Moode (or any) use, for very little money.
Hello. Technically this is not a moOde but a MPD problem. However MPD crashes while trying to add .wv (WAVPACK) files. I still have a couple of .wv files in my library, and I realised that regenerating the library always failed on a disk I rarely use, but I decided to reconnect. Looking at the log, it would stop and restart from scratch once it tried to parse one such file. I converted them all to ALAC and so far no crashes.

This with the 0.21 version by default installed on 6.5.2.
A bug that I reported in the past but apparently is still there occurs with Safari. 

As soon as I type in the search field in Tag View, a little cross - presumably to erase the typed text, appears, but it is on the "Radio" menu item, and trying to click on them goes to the Radio list.

Also, this is IMNSHO the wrong place to put the search field. This is a used feature, so it should be available without having to click on the opt up menu – sorry if I am a bit too annoying ;-)

[Image: wrong.png]
(06-15-2020, 03:39 PM)moodenigo Wrote: Hello. Technically this is not a moOde but a MPD problem. However MPD crashes while trying to add .wv (WAVPACK) files. I still have a couple of .wv files in my library, and I realised that regenerating the library always failed on a disk I rarely use, but I decided to reconnect. Looking at the log, it would stop and restart from scratch once it tried to parse one such file. I converted them all to ALAC and so far no crashes.

Curious. 

I don't pretend to know the nuances of the Wavpack format but just for grins I've now downloaded two sample files (from https://filesamples.com/formats/wv) onto my uSD card. One file is tagged, the other isn't.

moOde 6.5.2/ MPD 0.21 happily scanned these two files and is playing them as I type. 

There would seem to be an issue with your specific files but without more information I couldn't possibly guess what it is.

Regards,
Kent
(06-15-2020, 04:01 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 03:39 PM)moodenigo Wrote: Hello. Technically this is not a moOde but a MPD problem. However MPD crashes while trying to add .wv (WAVPACK) files. I still have a couple of .wv files in my library, and I realised that regenerating the library always failed on a disk I rarely use, but I decided to reconnect. Looking at the log, it would stop and restart from scratch once it tried to parse one such file. I converted them all to ALAC and so far no crashes.

Curious. 

I don't pretend to know the nuances of the Wavpack format but just for grins I've now downloaded two sample files (from https://filesamples.com/formats/wv) onto my uSD card. One file is tagged, the other isn't.

moOde 6.5.2/ MPD 0.21 happily scanned these two files and is playing them as I type. 

There would seem to be an issue with your specific files but without more information I couldn't possibly guess what it is.

Well, I overwrote them with ALAC files now, but I may be able to recover them from an old backup.
Hello Forum!
As this is my first post, I would like to thank everyone involved for providing such a great system (i enjoy it every day)!
Secondly I would like to report a bug on moOde 6.5.2 on a Pi-4B 4GB v1.2 with hifiberry dac+ pro: as soon as I switch to 64bit kernel wifi becomes unavailable (system information tells me: WLAN address = unassigned WLAN MAC = no adapter) and I only can connect via ethernet. Changing back to 32bit kernel fixes the problem. I've got another Pi-4B 4GB running the same exact setup, the only difference is that on this one wifi works flawlessly with the 64bit kernel (another difference is the microsd with 32 on this vs 128 gb on the other one). I've formated the microsd and flashed the image again, but the problem persits.
This said, I can happily live with the 32bit kernel - just wanted to report this bug.