Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Hifiberry Amp2 click on playback start / stop
(05-10-2020, 01:01 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: IME a lot of boards based on the Burr Brown PCM or TPA chips have this issue. In contrast, I've never had any audio glitches on any of the ESS based boards that I've used.

That's interesting - thanks for the pointer Tim. Is there a list anywhere on this forum of ESS based boards? I'm most interested in integrated dac / amplifier setups if they exist, as I've got the whole system in a case like this one https://thepihut.com/collections/raspber...pi-display

cheers,

john
My experience with ESS based boards is based on the two DAC's I use, a old Mamboberry LS (ES9023) and an Allo Katana (ES9038Q2M).

I don't know of any ESS based amps.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@John

A few years ago I also had (another) problem with the Amp2. Wrote to Daniel (Hifiberry) and he sent me a new one as an exchange without any problems.

You can try it if you have an invoice from any seller.

Regards
Norbert
Thanks to all of you who offered advice on this issue. I've been in touch with Daniel at HifiBerry, and he had me measure the DC voltage across the speaker terminals. Apparently one of the voltages was too high (indicating a hardware fault), so he's sending me a replacement board. I'm amazed he's sending it FoC, given that I purchased it nearly 2 years ago! Great customer service. I'll update this thread when it's arrived and I've swapped it out.

Cheers,

john
(05-19-2020, 07:33 AM)new_bloke Wrote: Thanks to all of you who offered advice on this issue. I've been in touch with Daniel at HifiBerry, and he had me measure the DC voltage across the speaker terminals. Apparently one of the voltages was too high (indicating a hardware fault), so he's sending me a replacement board. I'm amazed he's sending it FoC, given that I purchased it nearly 2 years ago! Great customer service. I'll update this thread when it's arrived and I've swapped it out.

Cheers,

john

that's unexpected and very useful..... Smile 
Covid-19 perhaps is working in your favour... manufacturers need to manufacture....goods and profile.
----------
bob
Just to close this thread out - the replacement AMP2 board arrived in the post today. I've just installed it in my system, and the pops are gone! Such a relief! Big thanks to Daniel at HifiBerry, and to all who took time to respond to this thread.

Cheers,

john
Nice :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub