Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Issues with playing tracks via UPnP and my fix (???)
I’m really in to listening to music via UPnP and as such use Moode as a renderer for this protocol, with Bubble DS and Kazoo as control points, and MinimServer in the background. In my mind this is the basis of a brilliant audio setup, though for a little while now there have been a couple of issues, in that if I had selected an album, playback would stop after playing a single track; and occasionally stuff I had definitely selected wasn’t added to the playback queue and instead a ‘fail error' message was displayed.

As the latter seemed to occur more often when I was using Kazoo, I initially concluded that these issues were somehow connected to its app which could possibly be resolved by a simple reinstall, but this didn’t help.  I then decided to start using BubbleUPnP Server and both playback issues instantly evaporated. 

This prompted me to review the configuration of ‘upmpdcli.conf’ and opting to modifying the ‘Upmpdcli general parameters’ section with ‘openhome = 1’ and ‘cachedir = /tmp/upmpdcli’.  Then I created a new subfolder, called ‘upmpdcli’, off the tmp folder.  Finally, I uninstalled BubbleUPnP Server and rebooted the pi. 

I’ve just done this, so its early days in terms of testing this, but playback now appears to be working fine -  I think I’ve finally resolved my issues without needing to run BubbleUPnP Server.  What’s more I think Bubble DS and Kazoo are even more responsive than they were before!!

I thought it would be a good idea to share this as others may have different experiences with UPnP and there may well be good reasons why ‘upmpdcli.conf’ shouldn’t be modified in the way I’ve just outlined…
(06-19-2018, 01:12 PM)Zigzag Wrote: I’m really in to listening to music via UPnP and as such use Moode as a renderer for this protocol, with Bubble DS and Kazoo as control points, and MinimServer in the background.  In my mind this is the basis of a brilliant audio setup, though for a little while now there have been a couple of issues, in that if I had selected an album, playback would stop after playing a single track; and occasionally stuff I had definitely selected wasn’t added to the playback queue and instead a ‘fail error' message was displayed.

As the latter seemed to occur more often when I was using Kazoo, I initially concluded that these issues were somehow connected to its app which could possibly be resolved by a simple reinstall, but this didn’t help.  I then decided to start using BubbleUPnP Server and both playback issues instantly evaporated. 

This prompted me to review the configuration of ‘upmpdcli.conf’ and opting to modifying the ‘Upmpdcli general parameters’ section with ‘openhome = 1’ and ‘cachedir = /tmp/upmpdcli’.  Then I created a new subfolder, called ‘upmpdcli’, off the tmp folder.  Finally, I uninstalled BubbleUPnP Server and rebooted the pi. 

I’ve just done this, so its early days in terms of testing this, but playback now appears to be working fine -  I think I’ve finally resolved my issues without needing to run BubbleUPnP Server.  What’s more I think Bubble DS and Kazoo are even more responsive than they were before!!

I thought it would be a good idea to share this as others may have different experiences with UPnP and there may well be good reasons why ‘upmpdcli.conf’ shouldn’t be modified in the way I’ve just outlined…

Really not sure why these are making a difference for you as they openhome = 1 is a default value and there is already a cache folder by default.

The only thing I can think of is the current cache file is a a suspect part of the SD card.