Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Rclone
I have a google drive with all my flac music. I am trying to mount google drive. Seems like mount folders are own by root ??  How do I mount my drive?  Is there a better method?
(05-12-2020, 11:18 AM)Park13 Wrote: I have a google drive with all my flac music. I am trying to mount google drive. Seems like mount folders are own by root ??  How do I mount my drive?  Is there a better method?

Well, this is embarrassing. According to Google I authorized access to my Google drive from rclone on a moOde player last year. I'm d*mned if I can remember what I did. All I can remember now is that I explored several options and liked rclone for its vast choice of cloud storage back-ends. 

In the end I chose not to push my music into the cloud. Must have done a Vulkan brain wipe afterwards.

I'll have to search for my notes.

Regards,
Kent
(05-12-2020, 12:08 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 11:18 AM)Park13 Wrote: I have a google drive with all my flac music. I am trying to mount google drive. Seems like mount folders are own by root ??  How do I mount my drive?  Is there a better method?

Well, this is embarrassing. According to Google I authorized access to my Google drive from rclone on a moOde player last year. I'm d*mned if I can remember what I did. All I can remember now is that I explored several options and liked rclone for its vast choice of cloud storage back-ends. 

In the end I chose not to push my music into the cloud. Must have done a Vulkan brain wipe afterwards.

I'll have to search for my notes.

Regards,
Kent

Kent,

I have been trying for a week to figure this out.  I would really appreciate if you can find your notes Smile
Not sure why my post is messed up.

Kent,

Thank you for your help .
Try searching the Forum for "rclone" and user "TheOldPresbyope"
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
HaHaHa. See how effective my Vulkan mind wipe was!
(05-12-2020, 02:49 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: HaHaHa. See how effective my Vulkan mind wipe was!

This?

http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...&pid=13112. If so how did you get around mounting drive since /mnt is owned by root? I have tried to mnt into NAS no luck. I tried to mount to /mnt/MUSIC no luck.

I am using this command.

rclone mount gdrive: /mnt/test --vfs-cache-mode full --allow-other
I think I got it? I mounted the drive in /media/music and it works??

Wonder way?
I suggest you rclone mount your google drive on your NAS or router, and share the SMB or NFS connection with MoOde.
(05-13-2020, 12:52 AM)godt2p4 Wrote: I suggest you rclone mount your google drive on your NAS or router, and share the SMB or NFS connection with MoOde.

I dont have a NAS.  And my google drive is has unlimited free storage.  Any reason why I should not use rclone?