Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea Collection
1) We have turn on display on play. How about turn off display when not playing? I wrote a Python script that checks "mpc status" for playing and run it in the background, but it might be a better in moode.
2) When looking up album it just does a web search. How about allowing the user to specify more like discogs or all music?
3) All text mode in coverview option? Good if we use our display on a fixed stereo to tell us album and track with large characters that can be read across the room.
-Just Ideas
-Tom
Hi Tom - Good ideas :-)

1) We have turn on display on play. How about turn off display when not playing? I wrote a Python script that checks "mpc status" for playing and run it in the background, but it might be a better in moode.

From 6.5.0 relnotes "UPD: Pi 7" Touch prevent display blank while audio playing". Just set a short screen blank link 20 or 30 secs.

2) When looking up album it just does a web search. How about allowing the user to specify more like discogs or all music?

Discogs and Allmusic links almost always come up in the Google search but an option to query them directly could be interesting. The question is whether use of their API's is legal for Open Source applications. Here is Discogs license information https://www.discogs.com/developers

3) All text mode in coverview option? Good if we use our display on a fixed stereo to tell us album and track with large characters that can be read across the room.

moOde's not really designed as a 10' "TV UI". Maybe just get a Tablet for the end table next to the listening chair?

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-15-2020, 04:02 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi Tom - Good ideas :-)

1) We have turn on display on play. How about turn off display when not playing? I wrote a Python script that checks "mpc status" for playing and run it in the background, but it might be a better in moode.

From 6.5.0 relnotes "UPD: Pi 7" Touch prevent display blank while audio playing". Just set a short screen blank link 20 or 30 secs.

Discogs and Allmusic links almost always come up in the Google search but an option to query them directly could be interesting. The question is whether use of their API's is legal for Open Source applications. Here is Discogs license information https://www.discogs.com/developers

moOde's not really designed as a 10' "TV UI". Maybe just get a Tablet for the end table next to the listening chair?

-Tim
Thank You as always Tim,
1) That works better than my script and doesn't have to constantly retrieve the mpd status. Thank You
2) & 3) Got it and understand.
-Tom