Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: CoverArt on Local Display not displayed after reboot
Hi,

Sorry if this has been addressed already. I have a problem with displaying the Cover Art on my (HDMI) Local Display Peripheral.
It is working at some point. However, whenever I reboot the RPi or when I perform a 'RESTART Local Display', the Cover Art
display is replaced with the 'control' screen (showing the queue, volume control, etc).

In 'Configure -> Peripherals' the 'CoverView' current state is 'On' (all of the time).

If I then go to 'Configure -> Peripherals' and then click twice on 'TOGGLE CoverView' (the first time to turn it 'Off' and yet another time to turn in 'On' again), the Local Display immediately switches to show the Cover Art again. Until I reboot the RPi or restart the Local Display, of course...

Is this a bug? Or should I file a feature request to honor the 'CoverView' setting at boot time?

My setup:

MoOde Release : 8.3.7
Pi model : Pi-4, 4 GB memory, boot from SSD
DAC: USB (Topping E30)

Peripheral Local Display settings:
Display: ON
Wake on play: OFF
Mouse cursor: OFF
Popup keyboard: OFF
Screen blank: Never
CoverView (Toggle): On

COVERVIEW Preferences:
Timed display: Never
Automatic display: Yes
Backdrop style: Gradient (Lineair)
Display mode: Cover Art
Layout: Wide
Playbar: Yes
Extra metadata: No

As a 'work-around' I added the below lines to /etc/rc.local, but you will have to wait until the Local Display has 'started' (hence the various 'sleeps'):
Code:
( sleep 20; /var/www/util/coverview.php -on ) > /dev/null 2>&1 &
( sleep 30; /var/www/util/coverview.php -on ) > /dev/null 2>&1 &
( sleep 40; /var/www/util/coverview.php -on ) > /dev/null 2>&1 &
( sleep 60; /var/www/util/coverview.php -on ) > /dev/null 2>&1 &

-Frank
Could be a bug. I'll investigate.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Yes, this is a bug caused by chromium-browser returning a different userAgent string than the one being tested for by the WebUI to whether it's running in chromium-browser and thus act on the auto_coverview setting.

It's fixed for upcoming 8.4.0 release (Q1 2024).

In the meantime turn off the Automatic display option and activate CioverView via the toggle button in Peripheral Config.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub