Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Display UI on Waveshare 3.5 inch TFT
Hello,

I´m a newbie to moode audio and manage to get it working and install the drivers to my touchscreen. The screen goes from white to black so the dev fb1 works. The problem is the screen stays black and i can not see the UI, in the systems menu ive checked the touchscreen an lcd are -on-. What am i'm doing wrong? Is there someone with the same screen who can write me a tutorial?
Realy impressed by the sound, keep up the good work!
(06-28-2018, 08:56 AM)marcelvb Wrote: Hello,

I´m a newbie to moode audio and manage to get it working and install the drivers to my touchscreen. The screen goes from white to black so the dev fb1 works. The problem is the screen stays black and i can not see the UI, in the systems menu ive checked the touchscreen an lcd are -on-. What am i'm doing wrong? Is there someone with the same screen who can write me a tutorial?

What resolution is the panel?
(06-28-2018, 10:18 PM)swizzle Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 08:56 AM)marcelvb Wrote: Hello,

What resolution is the panel?

320x480
Hi,

I assume this is a landscape oriented 480x320 panel. At this size the moOde 4.1 UI is not very usable and so there is a line of code in the file below that effectively disables landscape mode at small sizes. You can try commenting it out and then see whether the 4.1 UI is usable.

/var/www/css/moode.css

/*  iphone5 landscape disable cuz its just not high enogh to be useful */
@media (max-height: 320px) and (max-width: 568px) {
/*body {display:none;}*/
}

In moOde 4.2 we have implemented a fully variable font and control system which enables the UI to look proportionally correct at almost any size. The attached screen shot shows 4.2 UI at 480 x 320.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(06-29-2018, 01:56 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

I assume this is a landscape oriented 480x320 panel. At this size the moOde 4.1 UI is not very usable and so there is a line of code in the file below that effectively disables landscape mode at small sizes. You can try commenting it out and then see whether the 4.1 UI is usable.

/var/www/css/moode.css

/*  iphone5 landscape disable cuz its just not high enogh to be useful */
@media (max-height: 320px) and (max-width: 568px) {
/*body {display:none;}*/
}

In moOde 4.2 we have implemented a fully variable font and control system which enables the UI to look proportionally correct at almost any size. The attached screen shot shows 4.2 UI at 480 x 320.

-Tim
Thanks Tim i wil have it a try, but i cannot see the ui on the hdmi port on my flatscreen.
Just ssh into the pi from your pc or mac
Enjoy the Music!
(06-29-2018, 04:14 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Just ssh into the pi from your pc or mac

Hello Tim,

ssh is not the problem, my flatscreen stays black after sucsesful install of moode. i was expecting to see ui or coverart on my tv when configure system display to on. This means my 3.5 inch tft works but ouput is black. i have tried to attach a keyboard and use ctrl alt 1 and F1 but both screens stay black. please some help is needed.
update
my 3.5 inch screen works, but i get the next failure (see picture) cannot see the UI
(07-03-2018, 11:22 AM)marcelvb Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 04:14 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Just ssh into the pi from your pc or mac

Hello Tim,

ssh is not the problem, my flatscreen stays black after sucsesful install of moode. i was expecting to see ui or coverart on my tv when configure system display to on. This means my 3.5 inch tft works but ouput is black. i have tried to attach a keyboard and use ctrl alt 1 and F1 but both screens stay black. please some help is needed.
update
my 3.5 inch screen works, but i get the next failure (see picture) cannot see the UI

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Turn LocalUI on in System config.
Enjoy the Music!
(07-04-2018, 12:19 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Turn LocalUI on in System config.

Started from scratch to install moode 4.2 
still not getting the touchscreen to work, it turns from white to black but no output ui moodeaudio. 
please help me i am stuck, here is what i did:

sudo apt-get update
git clone https://github.com/swkim01/waveshare-dtoverlays.git
sudo cp waveshare-dtoverlays/waveshare35a-overlay.dtb /boot/overlays/waveshare35a.dtbo

nano /boot/config.txt
dtparam=spi=on
dtoverlay=waveshare35a

sudo mkdir /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d

sudo nano /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-fbturbo.conf
  Section "Device"
      Identifier "Allwinner A10/A13 FBDEV"
      Driver "fbturbo"
      Option "fbdev" "/dev/fb1"

Option "SwapbuffersWait" "true"
   EndSection

sudo Reboot

when moodeaudio is running then configure systeem turn local touchscreen on, but screen is still black.
the raspberry is connected through hdmi at a denon avr, but when i turn my tv on the screen is also black.