Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Not advancing in gapless mode in OpenHome configuration
Hello,

I am using Moode on a raspberry pi 4. I have a Linux machine running Emby media server containing my music collection, I am running a raspberry pi 3 with BubbleUpnp Server running on it to handle playback and playlist saving and advancing, and on my phone I have BubbbleUpnp install to control everything.

When having the Moode device configure as an OpenHome device on the BubbleUpnp Server with gapless turned on, the playlist does not advance after one song, in other words at the end of the song it plays that song again (when turning off gapless everthing works fine, but of course I want to use gapless for albums that are released in such a manner). Now I know that Volumio has the exact same problem/bug. From what I understand it is an issue with the implementation of the updated Upnp protocol/drivers/?. Is this fixable, and if so, is this on your list to fix in the future?

Regards,
Edwin
Maybe try posting the issue to the maintainer of upmpdcli.
https://framagit.org/medoc92/upmpdcli
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I have contacted the developer for upmpcli. He needs some information regarding the current upmpcli version being used, and it would be helpful to have information on the previous Moode versions where upmpcli was updated and to which version it was updated to. The last upmpcli reference in the changelog I can find is Moode version 4.1.0 (2018-04-02), updated to upmpdcli version 1.2.16. Of course if this is the current upmpcli version being used, then this is the information that is needed.
(05-28-2020, 09:14 AM)staxas Wrote: I have contacted the developer for upmpcli. He needs some information regarding the current upmpcli version being used, and it would be helpful to have information on the previous Moode versions where upmpcli was updated and to which version it was updated to. The last upmpcli reference in the changelog I can find is Moode version 4.1.0 (2018-04-02), updated to upmpdcli version 1.2.16. Of course if this is the current upmpcli version being used, then this is the information that is needed.

Running...
Code:
upmpdcli -v
...in a terminal shows you the version.

If it helps, using the BubbleUPnP app on my phone I can play on Moode upnp content from my Kodi box's music library and from the local music files on my phone and it's gapless and works fine.
So it's not necessarily that upmpdcli can't do or deal with gapless playback, maybe the issue could be caused by your upnp server implementation or its configuration.

Hope that helps.
Let's cut to the chase here.

moOde 6.5.2 is still using upmpdcli 1.2.16 (last in the 1.2.x series).

The current upmpdcli version is 1.4.10.

If you look through the posts on this forum you'll find that there have been already been discussions about updating to the current version. Several of us have done it---I just to be sure it could be done and at least one other for their setup of media server and control point. It seems to be a benign bump but Tim has to decide when to upgrade moOde.

Anyone can load in a latest version following JFD's installation instructions on his website. Will this solve all problems? Dunno. Don't use any UPnP/DLNA/OpenHome gear.

Regards,
Kent
Short update: I have come to realise that Moode has an internal playlist management system (I can actually see it in the gui). In previous iterations of my setup, I always needed an app to be on (not closed by power saving systems or the phone being off) to retain and advance the playlist, or make use of BubbleUpnp Server to wrap it as an OpenHome device.

I just found out Moode is already wrapped in an OpenHome configuration. This solves my issue.