Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Raspberry Pi Imager has bumped to 1.8.1
The released version of the Raspberry Pi Imager has bumped to 1.8.1.

An interesting new feature of this version is that one first must select the model Pi for which the image is being flashed. This selection affects the choice of systems offered in the second step.

So, for example, the RPi5 is a selection, for which only a few systems are offered currently. None of them a media player OS. No doubt there will be more offerings after October 23 (the official release date for the RPi5).

Regards,
Kent
More opportunities ;-)

I'll take a look at the pi imager Git repo at some point to see if they mention the new format for the sub-items file.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(10-20-2023, 08:46 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: More opportunities ;-)

I'll take a look at the pi imager Git repo at some point to see if they mention the new format for the sub-items file.

Check out Issue 691

and the reply from tdewey-rpi.

Regards,
Kent
(10-21-2023, 02:38 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(10-20-2023, 08:46 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: More opportunities ;-)

Check out Issue 691

and the reply from tdewey-rpi.

Regards,
Kent

That explains things.

This morning the Imager shows the "Media player OS" section for all models except the pi5 which makes sense at this point, although I'm not sure yet what sub-item params would need to be added to the moOde json file when we release images based on Bookworm.

I should prolly update the current json to indicate that the moOde images are "Bullseye" so there is no confusion.
Enjoy the Music!
Well, you've already said elsewhere (about the OS itself) it's better to wait for a bug fix cycle or two. 

Introducing both a major OS-upgrade and also a new hardware model with new firmware features at the same time is an epic reach for the RPi folks. I expect a steady stream of commits to all the repos over the next couple of months as we ordinary folks finally get a RPi5 in their mitts and need bookworm to boot it.

I agree that the current moOde distros should be explicitly marked bullseye in the Imager.

As an aside, with the introduction of bookworm, bullseye is now officially "oldstable" .

Regards,
Kent
Right the software bump cycle. It was similar for Stretch, then Bullseye. Raspberry Pi Ltd is after all a software company.

- I updated the Pi Imager json to include "Bullseye".
- Check out the growing list of Bookworm packages in our CS repo thanks to @bitlab :-)
Enjoy the Music!