Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: BBC 320K streaming
Hello all guys

I have a (little) strange problem : I can't stream any BBC 320k radios.
And sometimes, when I try,  it can crash moode, and I have to unplug the power supply.

Some other 320K radios work flawlessly, so it looks that it is not a dsl speed problem.

I use a Raspberry Pi 3B+, and a Boss Dac, with moOde 4.1, and I stream in wifi from a freebox (I'm in France) to the Raspberry.

any idea ?
(06-29-2018, 09:01 PM)yannig Wrote: Hello all guys

I have a (little) strange problem : I can't stream any BBC 320k radios.
And sometimes, when I try,  it can crash moode, and I have to unplug the power supply.

Some other 320K radios work flawlessly, so it looks that it is not a dsl speed problem.

I use a Raspberry Pi 3B+, and a Boss Dac, with moOde 4.1, and I stream in wifi from a freebox (I'm in France) to the Raspberry.

any idea ?

I think the 320 stream may be geo-locked.

Non UK is 128 I think.

There was talk some time ago about a BBC iPlayer radio app one could purchase if not in the UK but I don't know which stream that uses.
(06-30-2018, 07:36 AM)Man in a van Wrote: I think the 320 stream may be geo-locked.

Non UK is 128 I think.

There was talk some time ago about a BBC iPlayer radio app one could purchase if not in the UK but I don't know which stream that uses. 

Thanks for your explanation, looks plausible.

Meanwhile, I found 2 adresses (which work outside UK) for BBC Radio 3 with increased bitrate.

http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/man...three.m3u8
(I not sure if there is a difference between these 2 adresses)

but not for other BBC radios (which I do not need) ...

That's OK for me, but I do not know if this pb is completely resolved.

I'm not sure about the bitrate of these (new) 2 adresses, how I can see that ?
musical regards

y.
(06-30-2018, 11:37 AM)yannig Wrote:
(06-30-2018, 07:36 AM)Man in a van Wrote: I think the 320 stream may be geo-locked.

Non UK is 128 I think.

Thanks for your explanation, looks plausible.

Meanwhile, I found 2 adresses (which work outside UK) for BBC Radio 3 with increased bitrate.

(I not sure if there is a difference between these 2 adresses)

but not for other BBC radios (which I do not need) ...

That's OK for me, but I do not know if this pb is completely resolved.

I'm not sure about the bitrate of these (new) 2 adresses, how I can see that ?

If you open them both in VLC you can see the codec info and if you open the links in WordPad or some such that might give you further info.

There used to be a high bitrate mp3 stream for BBC Radio three, but as I use mainly LogitechMediaServer and live in the UK I have lost touch a little.

This year:
Quote:Every Prom is broadcast live on BBC Radio 3 and, for the second year running, the entire festival will be presented as a binaural audio stream, enabling radio listeners to experience the concerts as if they were present in the Royal Albert Hall.

No mention of flac this year

Ronnie
(06-30-2018, 01:17 PM)Man in a van Wrote: If you open them both in VLC you can see the codec info and if you open the links in WordPad or some such that might give you further info.

There used to be a high bitrate mp3 stream for BBC Radio three, but as I use mainly LogitechMediaServer and live in the UK I have lost touch a little.

This year:
Quote:Every Prom is broadcast live on BBC Radio 3 and, for the second year running, the entire festival will be presented as a binaural audio stream, enabling radio listeners to experience the concerts as if they were present in the Royal Albert Hall.

No mention of flac this year

Ronnie

Thanks to you, Ronnie !

so :
the first link is a 48kbytes/s
the second is a 96kbytes/s
both 48kHz sampling.

And nice to hear that (about binaural audio stream) !

yannig
How to tell this problem is solved ?
I'd need confirmations from UK users that in fact the 320K BBC links are broken, otherwise I'd guess that geo-locking might be happening.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-04-2018, 02:38 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'd need confirmations from UK users that in fact the 320K BBC links are broken, otherwise I'd guess that geo-locking might be happening.

OK Tim !
BBC 320k links are all working for me here in the UK.
Hi,

Thanks for confirming :-)

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub