Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Support for Openhome Tidal and Qobuz
Shocked 
Hi everyone,

I use Kazoo on an iPad mini to drive Moode and it works fine, I can select radio stations and play music from MinimServer on my network.  There have been a whole load of threads around re-enabling Tidal to great effect.  Personally, I used the solution on this thread - Solution for accessing Qobuz via UPnP - to enable Qobuz to work with Kazoo and Moode.  I presume this would also work for Tidal.

Out of interest, what is needed to enable Kazoo to work directly with Moode so that the Qobuz and Tidal navigation options appear rather than relying on BubbleUPnP Server?  As I understand, upmpdcli does support Openhome, but for some reason, it's not doing quite the same job as BubbleUPnP Server that (as I understand) creates a fully Openhome renderer on top of Moode.

The reason for asking is usability: I understand I need to select a different room to play Qobuz and the a different room to play radio, but this is a little fiddly for my wife...

Many thanks.
Would the method posted by @vinnn do what you want? http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...5#pid20795

That enables me to send Tidal from Kazoo to Moode. Don't know about Qobuz though.
Linn Kazoo is a pretty basic, clunky and featureless UPnP app. I suggest just use a better app like BubbleUPnP and things easier for yourself.
However as Jonners has pointed out I posted a method of updating upmpdcli's token using just a few commands in a terminal here
IMHO Kazoo has a stunning, intuitive UI and is rock solid with a decent UPnP mediaserver, such as MinimServer. And it’s worth mentioning that there’s Kazoo apps for Windows, Macs, iOS and Android; while BubbleUPnP is only available for Android.

So for folks with non-Android devices Kazoo may well make sense, which isn't going to cost anything, and if that’s the case access to Qobuz and/or Tidal seems possible via BubbleUPnP server, which is also free. Yes, this will imply needing to have two ‘rooms’, but perhaps any confusion with this could be minimised by giving them meaningful names - for instance, you could call one ‘Qobuz/Tidal’. Alternatively, if the intention is only to use an iPhone or iPad as a control point, you could try mConnect, which I gather is similar to the BubbleUPnP Android app by featuring built-in Qobuz/Tidal support, though you may have to obtain the paid version of mConnect to get this to work.
(06-05-2020, 11:27 AM)jonners Wrote: Would the method posted by @vinnn do what you want? http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...5#pid20795

That enables me to send Tidal from Kazoo to Moode. Don't know about Qobuz though.

Hi, to a degree: it fixes Tidal and then means you navigate Tidal using the folder structure prevented within Moode both using the Moode web UI and also within Kazoo.

Using Kazoo, if Tidal and Qobuz are enabled through Openhome, you can navigate, see thumbnails and descriptions which is preferred.  I prefer to use Kazoo because that is what we use to control the Linn streamer we have elsewhere in the house.

Right now, the BubbleUPnP Server solution works well, though I rather it wasn't needed at all.  Thanks.
ZigzagIMHO Kazoo has a stunning, intuitive UI and is rock solid with a decent UPnP mediaserver, such as MinimServer. And it’s worth mentioning that there’s Kazoo apps for Windows, Macs, iOS and Android; while BubbleUPnP is only available for Android.

So for folks with non-Android devices Kazoo may well make sense, which isn't going to cost anything, and if that’s the case access to Qobuz and/or Tidal seems possible via BubbleUPnP server, which is also free. Yes, this will imply needing to have two ‘rooms’, but perhaps any confusion with this could be minimised by giving them meaningful names - for instance, you could call one ‘Qobuz/Tidal’.   Alternatively, if the intention is only to use an iPhone or iPad as a control point, you could try mConnect, which I gather is similar to the BubbleUPnP Android app by featuring built-in Qobuz/Tidal support, though you may have to obtain the paid version of mConnect to get this to work.

It's not perfect but is pretty easy to use, and per my reply to a previous post, means the same app can be used for both Moode and the Linn streamer.

I guess my broader question is what is missing from upmpdcli that BubbleUPnP Server provides that makes Kazoo work correctly?  The screen shot from Kazoo shows Tidal and Qobuz options at the top level (these are not available when I point Kazoo directly at Moode) and then what Qobuz looks like from within Kazoo.

Thanks.

The EULA for BubbleUPnP Server is not compatible with FOSS licenses so incorporation into moOde is a nonstarter.

The EULA expressly forbids reverse engineering or modification of the software "unless this is strictly for personal use...."

In any case, the upmpdcli maintainer would be the person to ask "what is missing from upmpdcli that BubbleUPnP Server provides"?

Regards,
Kent
Thanks Kent. Not suggesting BubbleUPnP Server should be incorporated into Moode. Fair point about asking the maintainer.