Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Multiple Wifi credentials
I couldn't find this topic, sorry it already present in the forum

Is it possible to provide Moode for the input of multiple credentials for different wifi access points?

bye
(06-10-2020, 08:00 AM)lugius Wrote: I couldn't find this topic, sorry it already present in the forum

Is it possible to provide Moode for the input of multiple credentials for different wifi access points?

bye

Hello,

I don't believe that's possible in moOde
----------------
Robert
This particular feature has been requested before and has been on the TODO list for a long time. It just keeps getting bumped down in priority because the usage scenario "moving moOde to different WiFi networks and having it automatically connect" is not a common usage scenario.

The most common usage scenario is a single residential WiFi network that moOde lives on which is why the limitation of a single SSID has been sufficient.

The code would allow for multiple SSID's and auto-connect but it's not a trivial amount of work to implement because there are many moving parts that would have to be modified. Given that features compete with one another for dev time and compete with dev time for bug fixes and troubleshooting we lean heavily toward working on things that are either trivial to implement, generally applicable or involve fixing bugs.

For sure another dev could volunteer their time to work on and implement this. I'd be happy to help out :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I also vote for this. Albeit not a common scenario, I've been in this situation multiple times and the only way I know to update WiFi settings is by reflashing moOde, wiping all the settings and the music on the card. Appreciate this is complicated to implement, can we maybe look at an alternative - ability to enter the credentials in a text file on the card?
(06-18-2020, 08:48 AM)okneloper Wrote: I also vote for this. Albeit not a common scenario, I've been in this situation multiple times and the only way I know to update WiFi settings is by reflashing moOde, wiping all the settings and the music on the card. Appreciate this is complicated to implement, can we maybe look at an alternative - ability to enter the credentials in a text file on the card?

What? Reflashing? Why?

If moOde is configured to associate with an AP and it can't find the AP as it boots up then it reverts to AP mode. (This takes a while on older, slower RPi models.) Not ideal, perhaps, but now you can configure it using your phone/tablet/laptop for the new AP just as if you were configuring for the first time.

You can easily test this yourself. Just configure for a nonexistent AP, reboot, and wait a bit.

Alternatives such as you propose may seem simpler but they aren't simpler to implement.

Regards,
Kent
> If moOde is configured to associate with an AP and it can't find the AP as it boots up then it reverts to AP mode.

I have heard about that, but it never worked for me. If I, say, move the pi from work to home, the AP never appears. Or is this something that was implemented recently?
(06-18-2020, 01:32 PM)okneloper Wrote: > If moOde is configured to associate with an AP and it can't find the AP as it boots up then it reverts to AP mode.

I have heard about that, but it never worked for me. If I, say, move the pi from work to home, the AP never appears. Or is this something that was implemented recently?

Curious. Worked just now for me with moOde 6.5.2 on an RPiZeroW. I just had to wait a while for the AP to come up. 

The current version is the only one I can test (or care to).

Regards,
Kent
I am hesitant to test as a failure will result in reflashing the card and reconfiguring everything  Smile

My version is 6.4.2 2020-02-12 and says "Software is up to date".

Actually, I have 2 cards I use for 2 locations exactly for this reason. I'll stick in the other card when I get a chance and check once again. Maybe I was just too impatient... 

I'm on a 3B+.
An additional piece of information. 

A week ago we suffered a power outage during the night. When the power came back on, the four moOde players I had left running (two for listening; two for testing) booted up faster than my ISP's modem/router/AP did.

As a result, when I came down to breakfast I found all four players running in AP mode (and my laptop associated with one of them!). Once I caught on and power-cycled the RPis, all was well.

This again shows moOde will revert to AP mode if it can't associate with the AP it is configured for.

You could try this yourself without fiddling with moOde configuration. Just turn off your router/AP and then power-cycle your moOde player. It should finally appear in AP mode. Then turn your router/AP on and again power-cycle your moOde player. It should re-associate with your router/AP.

In order to upgrade to moOde 6.5.2 you'll have to flash a fresh image to the uSD card. There's no 6.4.x to 6.5.2 upgrade process available from within the player.

Regards.
Kent
Hi, I just joined the forum to say I also second this request. My girlfriend and I have no permanent internet connection, so we use either my or her phone hotspot for internet. I've been trying for a while to come up with a simple solution where the raspberry pi can just be switched on and start listening to music as quickly as possible, regardless of whether it connects to my hotspot, hers, or falls back onto its own access point. 
Is there a dirty workaround for this, for instance by manually modifying the wpa_supplicant.conf? For instance could I take the wpa_supplicant.conf from another one of my Pi images, like librelec, that has already been configured with multiple SSIDs, and copy and paste the relevant parts?