The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Inconsistent Tag View behaviour.
I don't know if this is a bug, or expected behaviour but it looks a little odd to me.

Case 1: An artist with one album in the collection but also some tracks on compilations.
Selecting this artist in Tag view, I get a single album in the Album column and a list of tracks that also includes the two from the compilation albums.  The list is exactly what I'd hope to see, everything from the artist regardless of what album it is on.  I think the other compilation albums should also appear in the Album list though so they can be used to select just the tracks on that album.
See "Loney.png"

Case 2: An Artist with multiple albums.
Selecting this artist in Tag View, I get a list of all the albums by that artist, but the track list is empty although the tally under the image of the artist name has the right number of tracks (all be it hidden rather under the play-bar).  Selecting "add" adds the tracks to the playlist correctly even though they were not listed in the track pane.
See "Laura.png"

It seems to me that the way this should work is that selecting an artist shows all the albums on which that artist appears in the album pane and all the tracks by that artist in the tracks pane.  Selecting a specific album from the album pane then refines the track list accordingly.  At the moment the behaviour is a bit of a hybrid.

Is this how it is supposed to work?
----------------
Robert

Messages In This Thread
Inconsistent Tag View behaviour. - by the_bertrum - 06-10-2020, 09:30 AM