Thank you for your donation!

Problem: 3.5 inch Touch Screen TFT LCD
@TheOldPresbyope
Oh, thank you, I had good genes!!!  Big Grin

On the subject now, via HDMI only I get the same results, LCD in portrait mode and checking the rotate options I only get 0 and 180º, if only I got 90... I remember from previous dwellings that I could not rotate either way, via GPIO+HDMI or just HDMI connections.

@DRONE7

Haven't tried those commands, but without drivers I don't believe it would work, but no harm in trying. I'll do it later on the day.
Regarding them being for only 3.5 screens, I think I only have to find the right line for my particular screen.

I don't really care for the touch inputs, it would be great to have them to control the moode but for my future project, GPIO buttons will work just fine. But with a screen in portrait mode that's a no go, specially cause the UI is not configured for that (and it looks crap like that too).
@LoRDByron

Interesting. I suppose this preferred aspect ratio is an artifact of the display being manufactured for handheld devices. The HDMI interface on your display (and mine) is not a native part of such displays. It's provided by a piggy-back card. I can only guess what the interface designers were thinking.

However, I believe there's hope without resort to some third-party display driver.

The moOde local display function uses the Xserver to intermediate access to the physical devices. I've never had a need to try but IIRC the Xserver can be configured to rotate a screen 90deg. Google is your friend. 

If I get a chance I'll try rotating my screen but no promises.

Regards,
Kent
After some research around the drivers git, I got it working as I wanted, no touchscreen but it has the right resolution and refresh rate.

My config.txt is as follows:

Quote:disable_splash=1
disable_overscan=1
hdmi_drive=2
hdmi_blanking=1
hdmi_force_edid_audio=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtparam=i2s=on
dtparam=audio=off
dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi
display_hdmi_rotate=1
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=1
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_cvt= 480 800 60 6

Maybe some conflicts between lines, but no problems whatsoever, happy with this setup and all is working as it should.
(08-23-2020, 04:32 PM)LoRDByron Wrote: After some research around the drivers git, I got it working as I wanted, no touchscreen but it has the right resolution and refresh rate.

disable_overscan=1
hdmi_drive=2
hdmi_blanking=1
hdmi_force_edid_audio=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtparam=i2s=on
dtparam=audio=off
dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi
display_hdmi_rotate=1
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=1
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_cvt= 480 800 60 6

Maybe some conflicts between lines, but no problems whatsoever, happy with this setup and all is working as it should.

Are you doing anything to eliminate the login/password? I have tried your config.txt after getting the same screen of moode txt splash. But still can't get the UI up (yes, config local UI Display on). Thanks Lord.

Best Regards,

energyi
Quote:Are you doing anything to eliminate the login/password? I have tried your config.txt after getting the same screen of moode txt splash. But still can't get the UI up (yes, config local UI Display on). Thanks Lord.

Best Regards,

energyi

In my case, that login/password screen just happens when I install the LCD screen drivers. When you do that, it installs a lot of stuff and reconfigures the config.txt file and many other things (it "messes" with many things beyond my knowledge).

As I don't really need the touch functionality of the LCD screen (it would be a great thing to have but not really important), I simply don't install the drivers and use the LCD like a normal output. And for that, I just use the commands on the config.txt I provided.

A small tip at that, install moode normally (don't mind the borked screen on the 3.5" LCD); use a PC to configure moode for your hardware and taste; after all is configured and rebooted, and only after all that, edit the config.txt file.
(10-05-2020, 07:50 AM)LoRDByron Wrote: As I don't really need the touch functionality of the LCD screen (it would be a great thing to have but not really important), I simply don't install the drivers and use the LCD like a normal output. And for that, I just use the commands on the config.txt I provided.

Hi Byron,
 You said you just plug your HDMI screen with HDMI cable and modify the config.txt?
You didn't install chromium and made sure it starts a load up?
What was exactly your steps?

Alain
(08-23-2020, 04:32 PM)LoRDByron Wrote: After some research around the drivers git, I got it working as I wanted, no touchscreen but it has the right resolution and refresh rate.

disable_overscan=1
hdmi_drive=2
hdmi_blanking=1
hdmi_force_edid_audio=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtparam=i2s=on
dtparam=audio=off
dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi
display_hdmi_rotate=1
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=1
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_cvt= 480 800 60 6

Thanks for sharing your config.txt file. That was the hint which I needed. I wanted also to use a 5 inch touchscreen screen in vertically mode and it works. 

For rotate the touchscreen function I did follow steps. 
1. Open the SSH terminal 
2.Create the xorg.conf.d directory under /etc/X11/

Code:
sudo mkdir /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d

3.Copy the 40-libinput-conf file to the directory you created just now.

Code:
sudo cp /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d
4. Edit the file

Code:
sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf
In this file looking for follow section 

Code:
Section "InputClass"
     Identifier "libinput touchscreen catchall"
     MatchIsTouchscreen "on"
Under this lines insert a new one with this content to rotate the touchscreen function in 90 degrees...

Code:
Option "CalibrationMatrix" "0 1 0 -1 0 1 0 0 1"

For 180 degrees use: -1 0 1 0 -1 1 0 0 1
For 270 degrees use: 0 -1 1 1 0 0 0 0 1

5. Save the file and reboot the system. 

This step by step I partially copied from the waveshare wiki and it should work with all Hdmi + USB Touchscreens (not just from waveshare ?)