Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Library Filter
I do a lot of my music collection management in MediaMonkey where I can arrange music into collections based on almost any property (only certain tags, excluding certain tags, certain locations, certain codecs, etc) which I use for things like a "No Classical" view, or a "Just FLAC" view.  I also use MinimServer for DLNA where I can specify filters to ignore some parts of the library.  I miss this more than I expected in moOde.  It would be great if we could define filters that include/exclude certain tags from the library view.  A simply "show where tag is/is not value" would be powerful enough.

I'm thinking of rearranging my music collection so I can mount my usual collections (which are exclusive of each other) as separate NAS entries, but swapping from one to another would be a bit laborious.
----------------
Robert
Why not go with a single unified collection?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-26-2020, 02:58 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Why not go with a single unified collection?

Size mostly, and because some of my collection was inherited from my Father when he died and contains albums that I don't want to discard but rarely want to listen too either.  I hive the inherited albums off to a collection I almost never look at, to remove clutter and make it easier to find things I do want to listen to.  Then my collection without the inherited stuff is over 700 albums, so sub dividing it just makes it easier to navigate.
But really, I just got used to being able to slice up my collection with Media Monkey and Minimserver and I miss it in the moOde interface is all.
----------------
Robert
Makes sense. Something like what you are proposing could be added as a Library option similar to the TAG VALUE pairs that can be specified to filter auto-shuffle.
Enjoy the Music!
(03-26-2020, 03:30 PM)the_bertrum Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 02:58 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Why not go with a single unified collection?

Size mostly, and because some of my collection was inherited from my Father when he died and contains albums that I don't want to discard but rarely want to listen too either.  I hive the inherited albums off to a collection I almost never look at, to remove clutter and make it easier to find things I do want to listen to.  Then my collection without the inherited stuff is over 700 albums, so sub dividing it just makes it easier to navigate.
But really, I just got used to being able to slice up my collection with Media Monkey and Minimserver and I miss it in the moOde interface is all.

Hello,

I have a similar request about filtering and or grouping albums by tags.
In my case I would appreciate grouping and/or filtering albums by audio quality (mp3, flac, 16/44 - 24/96 - 24/192, etc.).
It could be done with Playlists also, but not so friendly like grouping/filtering in Moode's album page would be (IMO).

Anyway thank you so much for Moode !!!
Unfortunately the encoded-at rate is not a tag carried in the MPD database.
Enjoy the Music!
Sad 
(03-26-2020, 07:00 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Unfortunately the encoded-at rate is not a tag carried in the MPD database.

Sad 

Thank you.
I've managed a rough version of part of this by changing the permissions on the folders in my NAS. I have some of my collection in an "archive" directory. That's where stuff I tend not to listen to but don't want to delete goes to keep it out of the way in my day-to-day listening. By simply denying access to that directory to Moode and re-gen the database, those albums vanish. I feared doing this might make the scan fail but it seems to be happy enough.

It would still be nice to be able to filter on TAG VALUE pairs though. I had a look in the GIT repo to see if I could experiment with some code for this but I couldn't even work out where the relevant place might be so I think this is probably beyond my level.
----------------
Robert
I also think this would be really useful, especially on tag view. 

bertrum, I use similar filtering but because most players' library don't have detailed encoding tags, I've added "standardised" text on the comments section of ID3. 

So, in musicbee I can created filtered collections based on "comment tag contains" and specifying a tag. For example: "HiRes" for anything above redbook spec, "vinil" for anything I encoded from an LP record, "HDTracks" for anything purchased from that store, and so on... That means my comments tags have a bunch of those identifiers (for instance, something can be both encoded from a vinil and at higher than CD resolution)

In moodeaudio, the tag search works in USB/NAS navigation, but not on the tag or album views (not that I could find thus far anyway, am new to it).