Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

radio scan, play all of an artist's songs/albums
It would be nice to have a radio station scan function, like in a car, with user defined scan time of course.

It would be nice to select the artist to play all the songs/albums of that artist
After clicking an Artist in Library Tag view click the cover in the lower left and then select one of the play commands from the context menu. it will act on all the tracks for that particular artist.

For your first request do you mean search some sort of Internet radio database for matching stations?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Then you can use http://radio.garden to find where in the world your favorite stations are located.
Site seems like a big data collection engine...
Enjoy the Music!
(06-11-2020, 11:42 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: After clicking an Artist in Library Tag view click the cover in the lower left and then select one of the play commands from the context menu. it will act on all the tracks for that particular artist.

For your first request do you mean search some sort of Internet radio database for matching stations?
Tim,
Just scanning the radio stations in the Moode radio station database on the Pi.
Thanks!
In a rental car in a strange city, the radio scan function is useful to find the 10 - 20 stations in the area.

In moOde with its (as distributed) 170 stations, I'd think a scan wouldn't be very useful. If it paused for 5 seconds on each entry it would take almost 15 minutes to complete.

I still think a spinning globe showing the geolocation of each station as it's selected would be a cool bit of eye candy Tongue

Regards,
Kent
I have curated the radio list, so it is a lot less than 170. Sometimes a station drastically changes its type of music or is just playing something that you don't like or want to hear again, and it's nice to just scan for a station that is playing something that fits you mood without a lot of effort searching manually.
Its an interesting feature, I'm just not sure how it would operate and how it would appear in the UI ??
Enjoy the Music!
OK, just figured out how to play all the artists songs. Thanks!