Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

BLuetooth Headphone and Airplay
I know this is a different solution which may not work in your use case.

I use one moOde player exclusively with my Sennheiser BT headphones which support aptX encoding in addition to the default SBC encoding. Rather than rebuild the bluez-alsa package to include aptX, I purchased a Creative Technology BT-W2 USB adapter (which contains an aptX encoder in its firmware).

This device registers to moOde as a USB DAC so I can configure moOde/MPD in the normal way. Works out-of-the-box with all renderers (with the exception of a glitch with Airplay for which Tim quickly came up with a remedy).

Regards,
Kent
I have the feature coded to switch the Airplay and Spotify devices to Bluetooth output when MPD audio output -> Bluetooth. It seems to work ok and persists across reboots but it needs more testing and I don't have a Spotify account so someone will need to try and test with Spotify.

What we end up with is:

Client -> Airplay or Spotify -> moOde -> Bluetooth -> Speaker

It's not as Hi-Fi as Kents solution though :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(06-18-2020, 08:48 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: I know this is a different solution which may not work in your use case.

I use one moOde player exclusively with my Sennheiser BT headphones which support aptX encoding in addition to the default SBC encoding. Rather than rebuild the bluez-alsa package to include aptX, I purchased a Creative Technology BT-W2 USB adapter (which contains an aptX encoder in its firmware).

This device registers to moOde as a USB DAC so I can configure moOde/MPD in the normal way. Works out-of-the-box with all renderers (with the exception of a glitch with Airplay for which Tim quickly came up with a remedy).

Regards,
Kent

maybe not, my headphones don't support aptX-LL audio codec, so I think that the Creative BT-W2 adapter coudn't work thih them. Isn't it?
(06-18-2020, 09:23 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I have the feature coded to switch the Airplay and Spotify devices to Bluetooth output when MPD audio output -> Bluetooth. It seems to work ok and persists across reboots but it needs more testing and I don't have a Spotify account so someone will need to try and test with Spotify.

What we end up with is:

Client -> Airplay or Spotify -> moOde -> Bluetooth -> Speaker

It's not as Hi-Fi as Kents solution though :-)

Wow great!
I don't have a Premium Spotify account so I cannot test it. Hope somebody can do it.
Thanks Tim

- Andrea
For sure I can test what Tim has implemented.

I think the Creative Technology adapter and target BT device negotiate the use of aptX instead of SBC. Candidly I've never looked for a reason to test this with a non-aptX device, but I can (he says as he rummages through his junk resource box looking for a suitable test article).

Stay tuned.

Regards,
Kent
@Tim Curtis , I can anyway test the Airplay->Bluetooth part of the modified code, if you want.
Let me know about that...
Did you have some sort of check-list or test-case list to follow?

Regards
Andrea
@mancio61
Andrea,
would you please try to disabile SoX for you glitch problem?
Regards,
Francesco