Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: GPIO button false trigger on startup
@waffle

Some random thoughts.

1. If you are seeing spurious behavior during startup, then you need to devise a test which executes during startup, not a test which is run manually after everything has initialized.
  2. GPIO 3 is also used in I2C communications. I'm just saying....
  3. From my reading, GPIO 3 includes an internal 1.8 kohms pull-up to 3.3v., so telling the software to pull it high is effectively a "no op".
  4. How big is that capacitor you wired between GPIO 3 and ground? (Because of #2 you have created an RC-network.) 
  5. How long are the wires connecting it to the GPIO pin and to ground? Did you wire directly to a GND pin on the RPi or somewhere else.
  6. As above, how long are the wires connecting the switch to the GPIO pin and to ground? Did you wire directly to a GND pin on the RPi or somewhere else.
  7. How are you triggering the relay which turns on the amp? How have you made certain the flaw doesn't lie in this portion of the circuitry and software rather than in the input-button portion?
Like I said, random thoughts.

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
GPIO button false trigger on startup - by waffle - 06-24-2020, 04:21 PM
RE: GPIO button false trigger on startup - by TheOldPresbyope - 06-24-2020, 08:51 PM