Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: GPIO button false trigger on startup
You have me there. Like I said, I haven't done any digital control work with an RPi and haven't explored RPi.GPIO.

If I understand your intent, it shouldn't matter if the event is triggered when you press the button or when you press and release the button.

Looking at /var/www/command/gpio-buttons.py, right now you're detecting the release, e.g., GPIO.RISING.

What happens if you reverse the detection polarity to GPIO.FALLING? [added in edit: along with an appropriate change to the call-back function, of course.]

This is a band-aid solution but nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'd still want to understand what's causing the occasional detecting of a rising edge with no button activity, but I think that's a question better suited asked of the RPi.GPIO maintainer Ben Croston (see, e.g., https://sourceforge.net/p/raspberry-gpio...n/tickets/).

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
GPIO button false trigger on startup - by waffle - 06-24-2020, 04:21 PM
RE: GPIO button false trigger on startup - by TheOldPresbyope - 06-29-2020, 12:23 PM