Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: controlling usb device via mpd?
Quote:Just to make sure I get you: you're saying the temp is very low, given that you use the argon-case, right? Not just that the temp is low with moode in general (cause to me it seems to be pretty warm, although it only reached throttling temps when I was installing)
Moode places very little demand on the Pi...there's no video involved and unless you're doing sox resampling then the load is minimal. Check by opening any of the config pages from the menu then return to the menu and open the system info page.

The argon-one case is the gold standard for cooling a Pi4...check out the case tests in the Mag-pi magazine from the Raspberry-pi foundation.

Quote:Mhmm, as far as I understand I can't do the old wire thing because I've added a HAT (the hifiberry) on the 40-pin connection. Have I got something backwards?

The Hifiberry dac has a duplicate set of holes that you can solder pins into... usually a whole strip 2x40 rather than individual. This gives access to some (but not all as some are reserved for the dac use...a search of the hifiberry site details which are available) of the gpio pins for additional use.

Soldering of course cancels the hifiberry warranty as they are quick to point out. So the alternative I suggested using a USB Flirc receiver would not involve using gpio pins or soldering.

Quote:Can I plug a USB drive with music to the RPi4 usb port (and unplug it when needed without having to do the setup again) and play/control the music on the drive through mpd/moode web ui?

Yes, you need to plug in and do a library update to index the files. There is an option to do this when the drive is plugged/unplugged in the library config tab.
However, I'm unsure if the Pi will recognise the ipod running rockbox as a usb drive.

Thanks for the iflash link !!  that looks most interesting.
----------
bob

Messages In This Thread
controlling usb device via mpd? - by tordenhaand - 06-28-2020, 09:02 PM
RE: controlling usb device via mpd? - by DRONE7 - 06-29-2020, 03:59 AM
RE: controlling usb device via mpd? - by DRONE7 - 06-29-2020, 08:38 PM
RE: controlling usb device via mpd? - by jonners - 06-29-2020, 10:07 PM
RE: controlling usb device via mpd? - by DRONE7 - 06-29-2020, 11:01 PM
RE: controlling usb device via mpd? - by DRONE7 - 06-30-2020, 09:27 PM