Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Playing audio via bluetooth speaker
I have setup a fresh copy of Moode on a RPi Model 3 (no DAC / HAT). Everything works just fine playing from a network share, SD card audio, AirPlay streaming and if I connect my phone (One Plus 3) via Bluetooth - I hear decent clear audio via the 3.5mm jack.

My goal is to connect to a Bluetooth speaker so that the Pi will stream audio to play on that. I am able to pair and connect the speaker via the BLU admin, however I don't hear anything on the speaker. 

The speaker itself is fine as I can connect my phone / iMac etc to it and it works correctly.

I would like to ask you if it's possible to stream music sources to a bluetooth speaker - perhaps I am not configuring Moode properly, or maybe this requires some additional work?

Thanks in advance.
Bluetooth in moOde 4.1 is not reliable.

Its all fixed and rock solid in upcoming 4.2 (release TBD)

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-04-2018, 02:53 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Bluetooth in moOde 4.1 is not reliable.

Its all fixed and rock solid in upcoming 4.2 (release TBD)

-Tim

Tim,

Thanks for the prompt response. I thought I had seen some other members using a pre-release of Moode 4.2? I'm happy to test, and specifically report back on this issue of mine if it's possible to patch or build?

Thanks again.
Hi Tim,
Just wondering how close the 4.2 release is, or if it's not ready, if there is a way to test out a beta or nightly? I'd be happy to report back on the Bluetooth connectivity if that's useful?