Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode USB Output
Try an Allo USBridge Signature. It's specifically designed for low noise and clean stable power particularly at its USB DAC output. Feed it with a good quality LPS.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-13-2020, 03:46 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Try an Allo USBridge Signature. It's specifically designed for low noise and clean stable power particularly at its USB DAC output. Feed it with a good quality LPS.

Hi,

I received the Black Ice Audio FX DAC today. I have the USB connected between the rpi4 and the FX DAC.
The source is set to USB on the DAC.

I have tried this:
M(enu)>Configure>Audio>I2S audio device>None>MPD Edit >config>Device type>USB audio device (Have it plugged in before you select this ! [Image: smile.png] )

But when I go to MPD Edit, config, the only device shown is onboard audio. I have tried several times, different USB ports
on the rpi, multiple power on/off while the FX DAC is powered on and connected to the rpi4.

Any ideas? No beautiful music so far :-(

USB Driver issue?
This is the only link they provide for drivers and I don’t even know which is the correct one:

https://hifimediy.com/windows-drivers-for-hifime-dacs/
(07-13-2020, 03:46 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Try an Allo USBridge Signature. It's specifically designed for low noise and clean stable power particularly at its USB DAC output. Feed it with a good quality LPS.

Hi Tim,

I would try the Allo USB Sig in the near future, however the rpi4/moode currently cannot recognize the FX DAC, what can I do?

I really want to keep this DAC and use the rpi4/Moode set up.

Thanks
Hi,

I tried the FX DAC with my Windows 10 laptop. It detected it right away and automatically installed the drivers.
No issues playing from the laptop.
(07-15-2020, 04:28 AM)Taki8888 Wrote: Hi,

I tried the FX DAC with my Windows 10 laptop. It detected it right away and automatically installed the drivers.

What version of Moode and do you have an HDMI screen connected ?
----------
bob
(07-15-2020, 06:37 AM)DRONE7 Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 04:28 AM)Taki8888 Wrote: Hi,

What version of Moode and do you have an HDMI screen connected ?

Hi

It is the version from about 2 monhs ago. I will try downloading latest version
and starting fresh tonight.

I did not have HDMI connected. I used the ipad safari to access the Moode app.

Does using HDMI monitor affect the DAC detection?
I will be getting HDMI monitor end of the week and will be using it if
no other issues.

Thanks
Yes it does. Leave HDMI disconnected until we release the 6.6.1 update.
Enjoy the Music!
(07-15-2020, 04:26 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Yes it does. Leave HDMI disconnected until we release the 6.6.1 update.

I did not have the hdmi connected. Do I need to set it back for no touch display?
Yes I would turn Local UI display OFF
Enjoy the Music!