Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode USB Output
(07-16-2020, 04:48 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Yes, HDMI will break USB

I tested the 2K touch screen without any audio. The display looks good. The USB touch is good.

May I put in 2 requests?

1. Make the ‘m’ icon in upper right larger for more surface touch area. When I touch it, 2 out of 10 times, it will pop up
the menu. Other times nothing happens or it takes me to the library screen.

2. Option to make background completely Black color

Getting closer....Hopefully next build, I can use both touch display and the USB DAC, will be awesome.  Big Grin Big Grin 

THANK YOU
(07-17-2020, 01:30 AM)Taki8888 Wrote:

I tested the 2K touch screen without any audio. The display looks good. The USB touch is good.

May I put in 2 requests?

1. Make the ‘m’ icon in upper right larger for more surface touch area. When I touch it, 2 out of 10 times, it will pop up

Getting closer....Hopefully next build, I can use both touch display and the USB DAC, will be awesome.  Big Grin Big Grin 

THANK YOU

#2 has been in the m>Appearance>Theme>Pure Black  for several versions :-)
----------
bob
(07-17-2020, 02:41 AM)DRONE7 Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 01:30 AM)Taki8888 Wrote:

May I put in 2 requests?

THANK YOU

#2 has been in the m>Appearance>Theme>Pure Black  for several versions :-)

Oops, I clearly missed that one. I kept looking under config menu for color settings. lol

You make it too easy. :-)

Waiting for next software update and the l adaptor, should be sweet. 

Thanks Bob  Shy
You're welcome !    we are here to help Smile

All the best for the new screen ..!
----------
bob
(07-17-2020, 07:15 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: You're welcome !    we are here to help Smile

All the best for the new screen ..!

Awesome help.  :-)

Here is the 10” 2K touch screen. Nice and sharp. Great colors. The corners are hard at times to touch, no response,
most likely not touching the right area. It is great overall. Only need to touch corners to add music or power off.

The reason I wanted pure black was so there would not be black bars on the 2 sides. 

If you get one, the USB cable for touch, puts power on the USB from the monitor’s power supply. The rpi will not
shut down completely nor turn back on. I lifted and removed the power pin from the USB A side connector. Solved the problem.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheers

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi

The latest version 6.7.0.  fixes the HDMI and USB DAC. Do you know what is different between this latest version and previous? Graphics look like its squeezed, narrow image vs. previous image is more uniform.

Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nothing changed in regard to HDMI displays between 6.7.0 and 6.7.1. You prolly just need to reboot with your HDMI display connected, or if you have special settings in /boot/config.txt for the display or something in etc/rc.local then verify they are correct.

The command below is what has been used in moOde for years to detect the resolution of attached HDMI displays.

Code:
fbset -s | awk '$1 == "geometry" { print $2","$3 }'
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I rebooted several times since I turned on local display first. Rebooted again
to connect via USB DAC. It always seems to stay this way.

I will try with 6.7.1. May I ask, when and where do I enter that command?

Code:
fbset -s | awk '$1 == "geometry" { print $2","$3 }'

Will it also save this setting? So next boot up I don’t have to enter it again?

Thank you
You would enter it at SSH command prompt. It just prints the detected resolution of the display for example 1280x720

To open an SSH terminal go to System Config and scroll to the bottom. You will see the "SSH term server" option. The userid is Pi and the password is moodeaudio.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I have a Raspberry Pi 4 and a pair of Klipsch R-51PM Active Speakers (running Moode 6.7.1). Since the speakers have a built-in DAC and a 100% digital amp, I want to keep the signal digital throughout the entire pipeline -- so I figured I'd use the USB output on the Pi. Moode recognizes the speakers, but no audio will come out of them. One time (in ~10 boot-ups) they did actually work with the settings below:

I2S = None
MPD = Set to my speakers (Moode sees them no problem)
Volume Control = Hardware
Volume Control = Disabled / 0db
DSD over PM = No
UAC2 Fix = No
Tried USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports (the one time it worked was on USB 3.0)

Moode seems to think it's playing to the speakers; there are no errors or warnings. I tried hooking up another powered USB speaker (SoundBlaster Roar 2 with built-in DAC and Amp) and it works perfectly (using the settings above). The Klipsch work fine with my windows 10 computer. I'm stumped.

I have HDMI turned off and am accessing Moode through the Pi 7" touchscreen (which by the way is absolutely amazing with the Moode Theme "PUre Black" which works perfectly on a screen that size).

Also, would there be any audio quality improvement if I purchased a HAT with Toslink Audio as opposed to the native R Pi 4 USB audio?

Any advice for a newbie?