Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Manual compilation of bluez aptX
I'm aware of the team's reasons for not including aptX support in the binary distribution of Moode and that's fine.

Would it be possible to provide some instructions on how to rebuild the necessary packages with aptX support in the proper way so that they end up properly integrated into the system? I'm happy to take on the liability for building such a system but I'd like to do it properly in order to avoid having the default bluez packages as well as some random locally built version fighting with each other.
(07-06-2020, 01:02 PM)aknaggbaugh Wrote: I'm aware of the team's reasons for not including aptX support in the binary distribution of Moode and that's fine.

Would it be possible to provide some instructions on how to rebuild the necessary packages with aptX support in the proper way so that they end up properly integrated into the system? I'm happy to take on the liability for building such a system but I'd like to do it properly in order to avoid having the default bluez packages as well as some random locally built version fighting with each other.

Read the build recipe in the github repo. You'll find the bluez-alsa steps under "STEP 4 - Install enhanced networking / 2. Install Bluetooth", lines 236ff. Adjust the options in the sudo ./configure line. The subsequent 'make install' step will overwrite the existing bluealsa binary (which a prudent person would save first) with the new one so there shouldn't be a problem with fighting versions. I've rebuilt from the bluez-alsa codebase more than once on live moOde players. 

Note the odd name business. the repo is still called bluez-alsa (because it sits on top of bluez and alsa) but the result is now referred to as bluealsa.

Regards,
Kent
I've successfully installed the bluetooth following the build recipe and enabling the aac support.

I can connect with my android and shows the Audio HD: AAC enabled, but when I play there's no sound.

I'm using a bluetooth dongle with the firmware well installed

Any Ideas?
I can successfully play when i start manually the bluealsa-aplay:
$ bluealsa-aplay -D plughw:1,0 -v XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

The service bluealsa-aplay@myphone.service is failed with the following error:
ExecStart=/usr/bin/bluealsa-aplay --profile-a2dp --pcm-buffer-time=${BUFFERTIME} -D $AUDIODEV Pixel (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

moode bluealsa-aplay[3514]: /usr/bin/bluealsa-aplay: E: Couldn't parse BT addresses: Invalid argument

And the env file is well defined with:
cat /etc/bluealsaaplay.conf  
# bluealsaaplay.conf
AUDIODEV=plughw:1,0
BUFFERTIME=500000

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?
@mr_durden

In
Code:
ExecStart=/usr/bin/bluealsa-aplay --profile-a2dp --pcm-buffer-time=${BUFFERTIME} -D $AUDIODEV Pixel

how does bluealsa-aplay know that "Pixel" is a BT address?

Regards,
Kent

PS - as an editorial matter, you might want to consider being consistent with the use of curly braces
I found here that as I'm using a Bluetooth dongle, so the ACTION on the file udev rule "10-a2dp-autoconnect.rules" was passing the name of the device as a parameter to the system service bluealsa-aplay.

So to solve that I just put the 00:00:00:00:00:00 in the /etc/systemd/system/bluealsa-aplay@.service
ExecStart=/usr/bin/bluealsa-aplay --profile-a2dp --pcm-buffer-time=$BUFFERTIME -D $AUDIODEV 00:00:00:00:00:00

It's not an elegant solution at all, but solves my problem
(10-20-2020, 09:02 AM)peentoon Wrote: The link to the build recipe is broken, I searched the corresponding page on github but could not find it.
Can  someone point me to the new location, please?

Same directory but the build recipe version has been bumped several times since my post. Try https://github.com/moode-player/moode/bl..._v2.26.txt

Note that the ../blob/develop/... portion of the path is just github's way of keeping track of things. If you've downloaded or cloned the repo, the file at other/build/build_recipe_v2.26.txt

Regards,
Kent
Amendment:

I gave the link to the build recipe on the develop branch which is devoted to the upcoming r700 release.

You'd probably be happier with the version for the already released r671

https://github.com/moode-player/moode/bl..._v2.25.txt

Regards,
Kent
Not able to find the build recipe anymore
(10-01-2021, 10:02 AM)harrypulvirenti Wrote: Not able to find the build recipe anymore

Version numbers change over time. You could browse the github repo or just try https://github.com/moode-player/moode/bl...recipe.txt

Regards,
Kent