Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Along came a spider...
I have a large library on my nas and on a USB stick and am steadily adding to it. Updating the library takes a looooong time, more than a day, and really sweats the pi. In the early days of the Internet, there were programs called spiders that went around indexing web sites for search engines like Altavista. They were small, light, nimble, and fast. I was wondering if moOde shouldn't try such a daemon strategy. The spider(s) would continuously crawl through the library looking for changes and updating the database only when it(they) found changes. Thus the library would always be at least nearly up to date and would incorporate changes faster that doing a full update. The spider(s) could be easily throttled so they didn't take up too much cpu time and create problems with other processes.

Love moOde,

John
There is an MPD conf parameter named
auto_update "yes|no"

It's supposed to detect when files are changed in the folder tree specified for the music_directory param in mpd.conf.
https://mpd.readthedocs.io/en/latest/mpd...parameters

You would need to edit /etc/mpd.conf and add the line auto_update "yes" then restart MPD. The /etc/mpd.conf file will be regenerated after reboot or SAVE in MPD Config and any manual changes will be lost but you could test the setting before doing any of these operations.

IIRC the auto_update parameter caused issues and or was unreliable. YMMV
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub