Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 6.6.0 support thread
I can see that the mpd.conf contains
Code:
metadata_to_use "+comment"

But if I search from the search field in the Moode UI, I get no hits. Is there a way to enable this or is it just not implemented in the UI?
If it's in mpd.conf then it's added to the list of tags that MPD supports.

The searches in Library Tag and Album view and in the Playlist are typedown text searches on the displayed lists. The text available in Tag and Album view includes artist, album title, bitrate and HD badge. Similarly the text available in the Playlist includes artist, album, title.

Only Folder view provides a search by Tags. The basic search searches all tags for the entered string. The Advanced search provides individual tag fields as well as an all-tags search field.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Like Tim said the library search filters the library based on loaded metadata which doesn’t include comments. This is why year mostly worked without the explicit command, though it matches any value so if an album or artist matched it’d also be returned. We could add comments to the metadata but this compounds the chance of false positives and makes search less useful overall. It would be kind of cool to allow some of the folder style advanced search function similar to how year/ranged was done for library but I barely have time to check the forum now and then so it’d probably need to be from someone else if it needs to be done soon.
(07-18-2020, 09:17 PM)swizzle Wrote: Like Tim said the library search filters the library based on loaded metadata which doesn’t include comments. This is why year mostly worked without the explicit command, though it matches any value so if an album or artist matched it’d also be returned. We could add comments to the metadata but this compounds the chance of false positives and makes search less useful overall. It would be kind of cool to allow some of the folder style advanced search function similar to how year/ranged was done for library but I barely have time to check the forum now and then so it’d probably need to be from someone else if it needs to be done soon.

The reason I’m asking is because I put pertinent information in there such as label, remaster, producer, and other bits. It’s totally my own system and I know it’s not something the average user uses.
(07-18-2020, 04:57 PM)hestehandler Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 01:47 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: That could work. I don't have time to do the integration but if another dev wants to volunteer their time to develop, test and create a PR I'll be happy to work with them :-)

I’m sorry, but you should probably hold the horses. I’ve just installed mpdscribble, and this gives the same result. I can see that both MPDAS and MPDSCRIBBLE are using the deprecated 1.2.X protocol, and when Last.FM will (already have?) turn that service off is not documented. The current API is version 2.0 (already some years old). It needs user authentication on installation of clients and uses XLM – so a complete re-write of the scrobbler service is needed for this to work.

So either Last.FM had a server hosting the legacy 1.2 system fail (very likely), or they have shut it down without informing the outside world (also very likely).

Alas.

So sorry for spamming this topic, but I should report that mpdscribble does in fact work. What I had not done was to change all the owner & group for the files that mpdscribble are using, and setting the user to `mpd` in the service. With all that done the service loads without errors, and plays are actually scrobbled. (In my haste I misinterpreted the failure to authenticate as a Last.FM server fault, but it was actually because the mpdscribble.conf file was not read by the service, hence the credentials being empty.)

NB: This does however still run the 1.2.1 protocol rather than the modern 2.0 API.
(07-18-2020, 09:42 PM)hestehandler Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 09:17 PM)swizzle Wrote: Like Tim said the library search filters the library based on loaded metadata which doesn’t include comments. This is why year mostly worked without the explicit command, though it matches any value so if an album or artist matched it’d also be returned. We could add comments to the metadata but this compounds the chance of false positives and makes search less useful overall. It would be kind of cool to allow some of the folder style advanced search function similar to how year/ranged was done for library but I barely have time to check the forum now and then so it’d probably need to be from someone else if it needs to be done soon.

The reason I’m asking is because I put pertinent information in there such as label, remaster, producer, and other bits. It’s totally my own system and I know it’s not something the average user uses.

Tim has to weigh the impact of changes to all users and just loading comments isn’t without a downside as I mentioned. If you want to add that support for yourself that’s great, or if another developer wants to take it on that’s cool, but I suggest looking into filtering the library matching against the comment field rather than just hiding list items that match any part of the list item contents like the current library search (mostly) does.
Hi, I had a few problems with my in-situ upgrade from a working 6.5.2 setup to 6.6.0 (Raspberry Pi 3B+, 64-bit).

After the upgrade was complete and I reconnected, I could no longer see my albums in the library under either Album or Tag view (just the test track) and the NAS did not show up in the folder view, though it showed up as mounted in Library configuration (and in terminal via SSH). Everything else was working properly. I tried updating and regenerating the database, no change. 

Finally I switched the MPD version to 0.22-git and the database regenerated. When it was done, I could see the NAS under folders but still no albums under Album or Tag view. Then I changed one setting (color) in the appearance section and all of my albums just showed up. Curious. 

Just one issue left: some of my albums are showing up as “sort of” empty doubles. The album shows up correctly but then also a double, no cover art, no track/artist names, no content. Any ideas?

P.S. I have updated to 6.7.1 and no change.

Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You might want to try a fresh 6.7.1 image.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thanks for the prompt reply. I realize that I always have that as an option. Was just wondering whether you or someone might have had any ideas about the peculiar behaviour, especially about the doubles, because it looks like the cue files in the folder might have been scraped along with the music files. I will probably do a fresh install, it's just that it's the first time in many years that the in-situ upgrade did not work as expected.

Thanks.
(07-23-2020, 11:25 PM)hui13 Wrote: ...because it looks like the cue files in the folder might have been scraped along with the music files...

Nothing "scraped" about it. As MPD is built for moOde, a cue file is considered as a kind-of playlist. Here's a snippet from running "mpd -V"

Code:
Playlist plugins:
extm3u m3u pls soundcloud flac cue embcue

Regards,
Kent