Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: new user can't start on rpi4
Hi everyone

I'd like to try Moode. Burned the latest image and fired it up on the rpi4, but can't see the pi on the network.

Have it on ethernet cable.

I am trying to log into it via SSH

not coming up on any 192.168.1.xxx addresses (other pi os all come up) and none of the nominated addresses work (moode, moode.local, or 172.24.1.1)

maybe i am missing something obvious?

Looking forward to getting this up and running and hope I can resolve this.

Jay (my user name is JoseM, but it's like Bill is to William, if that makes sense)
It could be your router has already assigned that ip to another device.
https://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/
Try that to scan your network.

There is another post just like yours here, it might be an idea to check that out and maybe you can both get the help you need..
(07-12-2020, 01:26 PM)Strider Wrote: It could be your router has already assigned that ip to another device.
https://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/
Try that to scan your network.

There is another post just like yours here, it might be an idea to check that out and maybe you can both get the help you need..

I use the Fing app on my Android phone to scan my network for newly setup Pis and other devices.

Phil

I didn't do anything specially but after 24 hours of the pi being on, the ip address came up on the router

I can now SSH into the rpi, after logging in by SSH pi@192.168.1.114 and with password moodeaudio, but then set up guide doesn't really say what a new user should do once they are in.

Question: what do I now do after I am into the pi?
(07-15-2020, 01:32 AM)JoseM Wrote: I didn't do anything specially but after 24 hours of the pi being on, the ip address came up on the router

I can now SSH into the rpi, after logging in by SSH pi@192.168.1.114 and with password moodeaudio, but then set up guide doesn't really say what a new user should do once they are in.

Question: what do I now do after I am into the pi?

You need to do some research about what a 'Pi Headless Player' such as Moode is all about.
Firstly, after installing you do not need to ssh in for normal operation..

See this post for information..
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...4#pid22114
----------
bob
Thank you Drone - I think I may have local network issues that prevent moode from coming up on any browser that I am using on my devices.

It is "so near yet so far". I can see it on the router, but typing that address in just spins without ever resolving. Similarly any of the suggested moode/moode.local comes up either with a web search or spins (172.24.1.1)

will try and resolve this and I do thank you for the guidance
(07-15-2020, 05:40 AM)JoseM Wrote: Thank you Drone - I think I may have local network issues that prevent moode from coming up on any browser that I am using on my devices.

It is "so near yet so far". I can see it on the router, but typing that address in just spins without ever resolving. Similarly any of the suggested moode/moode.local comes up either with a web search or spins (172.24.1.1)

will try and resolve this and I do thank you for the guidance

It does appear that you have network problems.

How is your Pi connected Ethernet ? WiFi ?

If you are using an Android Phone to browse then try the 'Fing' app to check the ip address for moode.

If 192.168.1.114 works for ssh then you should be able to just use that in your browser search bar to access Moode... try it :-)
----------
bob
Happy to report that I burned the image of 6.7.0 and am now up and running with no difficulty in finding moode on the network.