Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: HiFiBerry DAC+ ADC PRO
Hi Tim,
are there plans to support the new HiFiBerry DAC+ ADC PRO ?
https://www.hifiberry.com/blog/the-new-dac-adc-pro/
dtoverlay here
https://www.hifiberry.com/docs/data-shee...c-adc-pro/

Edit...Ah... I see it is already supported...
ls -l /boot/overlays/ | grep hifiberry-dacplusadcpro
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1848 Nov 28 10:56 hifiberry-dacplusadcpro.dtbo

Just not yet showing as a supported audio device on the MoOde.org list
----------
bob
moOde supports the plain DAC+ADC but not the new PRO. I'd need one of the devices and the configuration options. It probably has more or different config options than the plain ADC.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hello,
I have this DAC and would like to know the best choice there is to pick today in the supported I2S devices list:

1. HiFiBerry DAC+ ADC
  2. HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro
For the moment, I do not connect any external device to my system.
Will the HiFiBerry DAC+ ADC Pro version be listed in the upcoming 6.6.0 moOde version ?
Many thanks in advance !
Kind regards,
Renaud
(12-09-2019, 12:09 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: moOde supports the plain DAC+ADC but not the new PRO. I'd need one of the devices and the configuration options. It probably has more or different config options than the plain ADC.

I have the DAC + ADC Pro. Could we provide you with the necessary information to add support? Selecting either DAC + ADC or DAC+ Pro does not work unfortunately. Or is it possible for me to manually add the DAC+ADC Pro?

NEVERMIND. Selecting either options does work. The volume was just set on zero by default.
I'd need a sample device, an explanation of all the ALSA configuration options and a tech resource in case I have questions.
Enjoy the Music!
(07-17-2020, 05:29 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'd need a sample device, an explanation of all the ALSA configuration options and a tech resource in case I have questions.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your response. I'm afraid I can't help with that. It might be possible that Hifiberry itself would be willing to provide these, however I don't know their business strategy. For now atleast it works by selecting the non-pro version. Lot of crackling and popping though, but I read that's got something to do with alsoloop.
(07-17-2020, 09:24 PM)Shelloz Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 05:29 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'd need a sample device, an explanation of all the ALSA configuration options and a tech resource in case I have questions.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your response. I'm afraid I can't help with that. It might be possible that Hifiberry itself would be willing to provide these, however I don't know their business strategy. For now atleast it works by selecting the non-pro version. Lot of crackling and popping though, but I read that's got something to do with alsoloop.

I have same device on pi3b+ and no audio issues using DAC+ ADC (-PRO), I have not tried audio input.
The input (ADC) feature won't work from within moOde's Input Select feature because it's controlled by specific ALSA options and code. Thats the part that requires the things I mentioned in my earlier post.
Enjoy the Music!