Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Allo Katana DAC
(03-17-2019, 11:40 PM)JST1963 Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 11:30 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 10:53 PM)HannoG Wrote: It was a good idea to get the temperature information from the system info. Here is my operating temperature a few minutes after powering the combo. Nothing to worry about?

Hi,

The temp metric on system info reflects only the Raspberry Pi CPU temp and not the temperature of other components or boards, or the entire device.

The cmd that's used is below. Divide the result by 1000 to put in human readable format.

cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp

Tim, out of curiosity… what is yours reading?

J

On my Katana + Pi-3A+ see below. I only use top, bottom and front panel from the Allo dog bone acrylic enclosure. I set the CPU governor to On-demand in System config and let Linux manage CPU throttling. 

Code:
pi@rp3:~ $ moodeutl -m
CPU: 600 MHz | LOAD: 5% | TEMP: 48°C | RAM_USED: 40% | DISK_USED: 35% | FPM_POOL: 3 workers

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi moOde fans,
 :@
Yes, switched to the nice minimalist 3A+
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Mine measures at ~56°C when it boots and at ~66°C after a few hours of usage. I have the full Katana stack, including the isolator, in the Allo clear acrylic case and Edward's Sound tweaks applied.
Dear HannoG,
I am interested in Thel supplies. Would you mind telling me about your experiences?
And what do you think of the Thel Class A "Black Pulsar" supply for the +/-15V rail?

Pi 3B+
Isolator
Katana
Allo Standard wallplugs at the moment

Thel NT25-HQ9?
Thel NT50-HQ9?
Thel BLP10-22?
Maybe!
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-su...-thel.html
HannoG (audioviel?), did you test the Katana with other power suplies for comparison? Thel seems to have upped his prices significantly lately.

Has anyone tried external power supplies for the +/- 15V?
Yes, external +/-15V supplies make a noticeable improvement. There are discussions on the Katana thread at diyAudio.
Hi moOde fans,
 :@