Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Allo Katana DAC
Doo - I just forgot that, and have just spent $400 at there site ...

I'll make a donation anyway, as I have been a very happy user for years,
and appreciate all your work.

Time to move forward from 3.1 :-)

Happy Christmas
Big Grin 
Hi moOde fans,
 :@
Hi moOde fans,
Couldn't go to bed without trying...
All I can say is....wow...

Even though I already have a DAC-board with a ES9038Q2M (Audiophonics), I must say, this is a totally different league....just...WOW...
So much detail, such a warm sound, a bass that is...so natural...

Sinéad O'Connor: Nothing compares to u this...

Johan
@JST1963

Which output stage do you have Johan?
Hi moOde fans,
(12-26-2018, 03:34 PM)JST1963 Wrote:
(12-26-2018, 12:06 PM)jonners Wrote: @JST1963

Which output stage do you have Johan?

I have chosen the Sound Quality output stage, with Isolator, default filter settings.
No equalizer settings needed (With other Audiophonics ES9038Q2M DAC I needed "Hi Boost")

€390 ($430) well spend (10% reduction during December) + commission for the moOde team!!!

Johan
Congrats on your new DAC, would really like to hear more details about your experience when you have time. Also, could mention how you have chosen to power the Katana. I have been holding off purchasing due to production delays and because I don't have the extra $'s to invest in expensive power supplies at the moment.
Hi moOde fans,
(12-26-2018, 08:05 PM)JST1963 Wrote:
(12-26-2018, 07:02 PM)Onionhead Wrote: Congrats on your new DAC, would really like to hear more details about your experience when you have time. Also, could mention how you have chosen to power the Katana. I have been holding off purchasing due to production delays and because I don't have the extra $'s to invest in expensive power supplies at the moment.

Well, my order was also delayed. According to Allo.com my Katana was stuck in customs. So it was delayed for about 2 weeks. But the moment they said it was at the delivery company, it only took 2 days. And looking at the label on the package, it came from France.

Anyway, as far as I can understand I have to use minimal 2 power supplies because I also bought the Isolator. So one 5V goes to the Microcontroller board, and another 5V goes to the Isolator. This last one also feeds the RPi. The only thing I had to do is place a jumper on the Katana board. Everything is clearly written in the manual you download from the Allo website.

I do have 2x 5V linear power supplies, but they are used with other RPi streamers. I will probably buy a new PS, a double 5V/6.25A linear PS but at this very moment I'm simply feeding the Katana boards with an Anker Powerport 6 USB charger. It has six USB outputs and can deliver 60W (max 2.4 amp per output). Works great.

Johan

Thank you Johan from what you describe I can get by with reasonable inexpensive power supply in the beginning and upgrade from there once I have the funds. I have three streamers with two Allo products Piano 2.1 and Digi Signature, the third is a 2015 Hifi Berry DAC +. From your description I need to make it 3 out of 3 in favor of Allo. Enjoy.... Tim
Hi moOde fans,