Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Allo Katana DAC
Interesting. I obviously believe you, since you're posting on behalf of the company. I was just confused by the review on Volumio's web site at https://volumio.org/allo-katana-dac-review/ which stated that the best SQ was with 3 +5V supplies, and then reiterated it in the Update 1 section. Thanks for clarifying. I think I'm on the right track.
Hi,

When moOde 4.3 is released, a new Audio Shop section will be available at moodeaudio.org :-)

We are starting out by offering a great set of Allo products for sale. By purchasing through our Audio Shop you will be providing much needed financial support to the moOde project via a commission on each sale. This helps maintain a strong and active project and allows us to continue to provide you with wonderful and free moOde audio player software.

See attached screenie.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi moOde fans,
 :@
There is no mad scheme to favor Allo in moOde software or in other ways, and there's nothing stopping other vendors from offering click-through purchase of their products on moodeaudio.org.

Keep in mind that the moOde Forum accepts both good and bad comments on Allo or any other vendors products. Our goal in this respect is to get potential product bugs surfaced and fixed just like bugs in moOde software.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
Hi moOde fans,
 :@
I ordered and get a Katana V1 ( first version) from Volumio shop and I don't like the way Allo promise after release a new born product with many error. Even they said that Katana can win any Dac bellow 1000 Usd. Some customers still waited for 2 months after order for now and can not get their product from Allo.
Big boom !!!
(10-13-2018, 10:55 AM)anhton82 Wrote: I ordered and get a Katana V1 ( first version) from Volumio shop and I don't like the way Allo promise after release a new born product with many error. Even they said that Katana can win any Dac bellow 1000 Usd. Some customers still waited for 2 months after order for now and can not get their product from Allo.
Big boom !!!

Its a real hard work to get the newly developed product to global market. So it required a bit of patience.
Just give them a chance to deliver
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
(10-13-2018, 10:55 AM)anhton82 Wrote: I ordered and get a Katana V1 ( first version) from Volumio shop and I don't like the way Allo promise after release a new born product with many error. Even they said that Katana can win any Dac bellow 1000 Usd. Some customers still waited for 2 months after order for now and can not get their product from Allo.
Big boom !!!

Most major (if not all) car manufacturers have been recalling large number of models after the sale for putting right design or production faults... Microsoft have been releasing (and are still releasing) software updates which in some cases can render one's computer useless and they are admitting it... Samsung phones (Lithium-ion batteries) have been bursting into flames... Numerous other examples (how much spare time do you have?)...

Have you seen the world population refusing to buy Ford or Volkswagen cars, Samsung phones or Microsoft software...?

In a perfect world one should go to the nearest shop, hand in a very small amount of money for the object of his/her desire which will never fail during the 50 year advertised product life... but the world is far from perfect.

I believe that Allo are to be commended for owning up to the shortcoming highlighted by the Katana testers, for working towards improving the product AND for making sure that the initial buyers WILL not be out of pocket... Woud you rather prefer that the Internet seller goes out of business (by design or forced) and you lose your money?

I have no afiliation with ALLO or the resellers of their products. However I own an Allo Boss HAT DAC and I am very satisfied with it...

I hope that the re-engineered Katana DAC will make its way to you soon and you'll forget this rather uncomfortable experience.

Mike
Hi Mike,
Thanks for your advice. I have a Boss DAC too, and I'm happy with it. That is reason I decide to order Katana DAC.
If Allo develope a mature Katana DAC and have some compare with others 1000USD DACs and they can announce they can win 1000USD DACs. But in fact...I mean, Samsung, Microsoft,... they have been recall some model but they don't have a big boom, and confirm they r better than some compatitors...
Thanks !
Hi,

Katana version 1.2 scheduled to arrive this Friday 2018-11-23 :-)

I'll have pics and initial thoughts this coming weekend. This is very exciting to be able to test this innovative, multi-board architecture DAC with upcoming moOde 4.4 which is based on the latest Raspbian Stretch Lite 2018-11-13 and the wonderful new MPD 0.21 series.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!