Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 6.7.1 support thread
The symptom "I sometimes get a frozen image" on 7" Touch suggests some sort of hardware issue. If it's a software issue its not obvious to me what could be causing it.

The Moode log entry for Pri DNS seems odd. I would have expected it to be same as Gateway address 192.168.1.1 but instead it's an Ipv6 address that points to ??

Code:
20200805 151813 worker: Gateway (192.168.1.1)
20200805 151813 worker: Pri DNS (fe80::62e3:27ff:fe33:2b91%eth0)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-06-2020, 10:58 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The symptom "I sometimes get a frozen image" on 7" Touch suggests some sort of hardware issue. If it's a software issue its not obvious to me what could be causing it.

The Moode log entry for Pri DNS seems odd. I would have expected it to be same as Gateway address 192.168.1.1 but instead it's an Ipv6 address that points to ??

Code:
20200805 151813 worker: Gateway (192.168.1.1)
20200805 151813 worker: Pri DNS (fe80::62e3:27ff:fe33:2b91%eth0)

Thanks , Tim !

I only have the problems since Moode 6.7! To clarify: Moode works perfectly and can also be reached under its IP address and all functions are perfect. Only the local display sometimes freezes and then no longer reacts. Have you read my attachment (→ output "systemctl status localui" not working)? There is something about "out of memory ....."

Otherwise, my network works perfectly and I can control Moode without restriction via smartphone / tablet or PC even when the local display is frozen.
When every is working fine , I have the same entry for Pri DNS ( → Attachment/Code "moode (everything is working).log")
Yes, I saw the out of memory error but the challenge is to provide a way for me to reproduce that condition, otherwise it won't be possible to troubleshoot.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@petfr

I'm running an official Raspberry Pi 7 inch display on a RPi3B+ and I have never experienced this issue.

The xinit error "received unexpected number of handles" (shown in your "not working" image) can be found in a number of posts on the InterWeb™ but the answers to those posts aren't very informative. It appears to be an all-purpose error message which doesn't suggest a specific issue with moOde.

One long shot: have you tried clearing the Browser cache for the local display? It's an option in the System Config screen.

The xinit error "FontService unique font name matching request did not receive a response" (shown in your "working" image) is interesting. I see it too. Some recent InterWeb™ posts suggest that this message has been popping up in systems with one or more Chrome browser updates in 2020 which somehow bork certain fonts. I'll dig a little deeper.

Regards,
Kent
(08-06-2020, 02:17 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @petfr

I'm running an official Raspberry Pi 7 inch display on a RPi3B+ and I have never experienced this issue.

The xinit error "received unexpected number of handles" (shown in your "not working" image) can be found in a number of posts on the InterWeb™ but the answers to those posts aren't very informative. It appears to be an all-purpose error message which doesn't suggest a specific issue with moOde.

One long shot: have you tried clearing the Browser cache for the local display? It's an option in the System Config screen.

The xinit error "FontService unique font name matching request did not receive a response" (shown in your "working" image) is interesting. I see it too. Some recent InterWeb™ posts suggest that this message has been popping up in systems with one or more Chrome browser updates in 2020 which somehow bork certain fonts. I'll dig a little deeper.

Regards,
Kent

Thanks Kent , I know this possibility and have also used it. Unfortunately without success ! My moode player is in my workshop. I am a carpenter and I restart in the morning at the start of work and when I am done I shut down the system. Maybe that's the reason ?
@petfr

Seems unlikely that shutting down and starting up is the culprit here. I do this all the time with various test systems.

As I dig a little deeper I find that the FontService message is not necessarily an indicator of something seriously broken. As one poster said in relation to Chrome, "it's been around for years." Still, it seems like something fixable.

How far south is "south of Germany"? Should I be saying Grüss Gott or Guten Tag? My sister has resided for many years in Munich but decades ago she lived in Untereglfing.

Regards,
Kent
(08-06-2020, 03:05 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @petfr

Seems unlikely that shutting down and starting up is the culprit here. I do this all the time with various test systems.

As I dig a little deeper I find that the FontService message is not necessarily an indicator of something seriously broken. As one poster said in relation to Chrome, "it's been around for years." Still, it seems like something fixable.

How far south is "south of Germany"? Should I be saying Grüss Gott or Guten Tag? My sister has resided for many years in Munich but decades ago she lived in Untereglfing.

Regards,
Kent

This is my location : Bad Bellingen
As you can see, the south of Germany is not automatically Bavaria  Big Grin .

Greetings , Peter
@petfr

Quote:As you can see, the south of Germany is not automatically Bavaria.

That's not what the Bavarians tell me Tongue

We have a similar issue here in the USA. I used to have to explain to people that New Mexico, where I lived for some years, isn't part of Texas.

Regards,
Kent
When Bluetooth renderer is active, /var/log/auth is spam every 3 seconds with this:
Code:
moode sudo:     root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/pgrep -l bluealsa-aplay
moode sudo: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
moode sudo: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root

Ive manage to get rid of those with this procedure:
Code:
sudo nano /etc/sudoers.d/010_root
Add this line:
Code:
Defaults:root     !logfile, !syslog
Apply permission:
Code:
sudo chmod 440 /etc/sudoers.d/010_root

Edit sudo pam files and add 1 line (session...):
Editing this file can break ur system if u do something wrong, so i prefer changed permissions before:
Code:
sudo chmod 666 /etc/pam.d/sudo
sudo nano /etc/pam.d/sudo
Code:
#%PAM-1.0

@include common-auth
@include common-account
session [success=1 default=ignore] pam_succeed_if.so quiet uid = 0 ruser = root
@include common-session-noninteractive

Run any sudo command, if no error:

Code:
sudo chmod 644 /etc/pam.d/sudo

It should be good
(08-06-2020, 07:48 PM)TookaFace Wrote: When Bluetooth renderer is active, /var/log/auth is spam every 3 seconds with this:
Code:
moode sudo:     root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/pgrep -l bluealsa-aplay
moode sudo: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
moode sudo: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root

Ive manage to get rid of those with this procedure:
Code:
sudo nano /etc/sudoers.d/010_root
Add this line:
Code:
Defaults:root     !logfile, !syslog
Apply permission:
Code:
sudo chmod 440 /etc/sudoers.d/010_root

Edit sudo pam files and add 1 line (session...):
Editing this file can break ur system if u do something wrong, so i prefer changed permissions before:
Code:
sudo chmod 666 /etc/pam.d/sudo
sudo nano /etc/pam.d/sudo
Code:
#%PAM-1.0

@include common-auth
@include common-account
session [success=1 default=ignore] pam_succeed_if.so quiet uid = 0 ruser = root
@include common-session-noninteractive

Run any sudo command, if no error:

Code:
sudo chmod 644 /etc/pam.d/sudo

It should be good

My bluetooth and all renderers are deactivated.