Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 6.7.1 support thread
What do you mean by %year% ?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Year is the tag designation for the track year in the file. These appear correctly when playing a track, but a different year shows up in library view. I use Mp4 tag to record and edit these.
If an album has tracks with different years then the most recent year is displayed in Album view.
Enjoy the Music!
(08-02-2020, 02:45 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: If an album has tracks with different years then the most recent year is displayed in Album view.

Thank You for your reply. 
This does not seem to be the case for my directory, I am currently looking into why.
-Tom
(08-02-2020, 02:49 PM)Macdelf Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 02:45 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: If an album has tracks with different years then the most recent year is displayed in Album view.

Thank You for your reply. 
This does not seem to be the case for my directory, I am currently looking into why.
-Tom

OK I got it. Library uses "OriginalDate" field and posts the latest in the thumbnail. Play view uses "Date" field.
When the Library is generated the code prefers the OriginalDate tag over the Date tag if both are present in a track.
Enjoy the Music!
In Album view the tracks on some albums are listed 2, 3 or 18 times. This doesn't occur in Tag view. I haven't been able to determine a unique factor to those albums.

I have rebuilt the library and searched all of the music folders for duplicate files in stray places.
Photo 
Just discovered the common factor. I have 18 albums with the name of "Greatest Hits."  Those album tracks show up 18 times. I have two albums named "The Planets." Those show up twice

(Disclaimer - my wife's download. Two tracks make it easier to demonstrate)
Prolly the Album Artist tag is not populated. I assume these 18 Greatest Hits albums are not all by the same artist.
Enjoy the Music!
They are by different artist. The Album Artist tag is populated. The tag view does not have this error

The album view shows each individual album as expected. There is no mixing of tracks between albums. It is showing the some tracks 18 times under the correct album.

Same files as used on Moode 6.4 which did not have this problem. I skipped 6.5 & 6.6. I installed 6.7 and upgraded to 6.7.1 the next day (bad timing)