Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 6.7.1 support thread
UPDATE: In tag view, if I select an artist and then the album. The tracks only appear once.

In the tag view, if I click on the button for a random album and the random album shares a title with another album, the tracts are listed multiple times.
(07-31-2020, 06:07 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: I don't normally use UPnP/DLNA apps and equipment but I do try to test that each moOde release works with them.

Here, moOde 6.7.1 on an RPi4B/4GB, DLNA server enabled.

Files on Samba share on OpenMediaVault NAS.
 - includes several directories of .dsf demo files, such as the NativeDSD Sampler, downloaded from the usual sources.

After rebuilding DLNA database [1] the UPnP Control Point apps on my Pixel 3a Android phone---mConnectLite, BubbleUPnP, and BubbleDS---and on my iPad---Linn Kinsky and mConnectLite---all allow me to drill down through directories to DSD-encoded tracks.

Regards,
Kent

[1] scanning a media library comprising ca 5700 tracks takes a long time.

Hi thanks for your sharing! Smile

I'm connecting the hard drive with Pi4 via USB instead of NAS. Not sure is it the reason or not?
I found that Volumio which is using mini DLNA server also having the same issue. DSF files cannot be found in DLNA server.

---

I just found this thread in March. Seems that it's Mini DLNA's problem. They can't read DSF files.
@Tim Curtis said it could be solved in next Moode update (it was 6.5.1 version that time). Tongue
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=2441
(08-03-2020, 05:29 PM)dwlacroix Wrote: UPDATE: In tag view, if I select an artist and then the album. The tracks only appear once.

In the tag view, if I click on the button for a random album and the random album shares a title with another album, the tracts are listed multiple times.

Thanks for confirming. It's definitely an issue in the filtering and cross-index routines, plus I've discovered a minor inefficiency that can be address as well.

The fixes will be in upcoming moOde 7 series :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-03-2020, 07:32 PM)wavemountain Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 06:07 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: I don't normally use UPnP/DLNA apps and equipment but I do try to test that each moOde release works with them.

Here, moOde 6.7.1 on an RPi4B/4GB, DLNA server enabled.

Files on Samba share on OpenMediaVault NAS.
 - includes several directories of .dsf demo files, such as the NativeDSD Sampler, downloaded from the usual sources.

After rebuilding DLNA database [1] the UPnP Control Point apps on my Pixel 3a Android phone---mConnectLite, BubbleUPnP, and BubbleDS---and on my iPad---Linn Kinsky and mConnectLite---all allow me to drill down through directories to DSD-encoded tracks.

Regards,
Kent

[1] scanning a media library comprising ca 5700 tracks takes a long time.

Hi thanks for your sharing! Smile

I'm connecting the hard drive with Pi4 via USB instead of NAS. Not sure is it the reason or not?
I found that Volumio which is using mini DLNA server also having the same issue. DSF files cannot be found in DLNA server.

---

I just found this thread in March. Seems that it's Mini DLNA's problem. They can't read DSF files.
@Tim Curtis said it could be solved in next Moode update (it was 6.5.1 version that time). Tongue
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=2441

@TheOldPresbyope has confirmed in his test that miniDLNA shipped with moOde can read DSF files. The particular version is "miniDLNA 1.2.1+0763719 DSD support" that was included starting with moOde 6.5.2.

In your case I would look to something external to miniDLNA like file permissions, etc.
Enjoy the Music!
@wavemountain

This issue has nothing to do with the tracks being on a NAS or on a local drive.

I have to apologize. I was testing on a moOde r6.7.1 player I built myself from the build recipe.

The DLNA Server function is fulfilled by the binary /usr/sbin/minidlnad

It appears that there has been a regression between moOde r6.5.2 and all later releases. 

I just checked the downloadable images for r6.6.0, r6.7.0, and r6.7.1. All of these contain the unpatched minidlnad (which is the stock version distributed with Raspberry Pi OS Lite) and not the latest minidlnad which includes patches to support DSF and DFF files. This latest minidlnad should have overlaid the stock version during the moOde build process. I don't know what happened there.

Try this: from the command line, run minidlnad -V

It should respond "Version 1.2.1+0763719". If it responds "Version 1.2.1" then it is the unpatched version.

Sadly, my previous post was yet another example of me going wrong with confidence Blush  I'm sorry I misled you. 

@Tim Curtis - can you nail up the correct minidlnad binary somewhere on the moodeaudio server so the few folks who need DSD support in their DLNA Server don't have to wait for the next update?

To possible users: pull the latest minidlnad into user pi's home directory on your moOde player. Save the old minidlnad just in case. Then as root, copy the new one from pi's home directory into its final position. Something like:

Code:
(as user pi in /home/pi directory, e.g., at the prompt "pi@moode:~ $ ")
mkdir backup
cp /usr/sbin/minidlnad backup/minidlnad.old
sudo cp minidlnad /usr/sbin/minidlnad

From the Audio Config screen, turn off the DLNA Server (if it is already "ON") and then set it on. The database will be rebuilt and you should be good to go.

Regards,
Kent
Woah :-O 

I'll have to look at the mosbuild log and then chat with the QA department ;-)

In the meantime just run the commands below to install the patched minidlna daemon. After its installed, open Audio Config and turn it OFF/ON then Rebuild the database.

Code:
sudo wget http://moodeaudio.org/test/minidlnad-1.2.1+0763719
sudo chmod 0755 ./minidlnad-1.2.1+0763719
sudo mv ./minidlnad-1.2.1+0763719 /usr/sbin/minidlnad

minidlnad -V
Enjoy the Music!
Indeed the log shows fail to install new version.

Code:
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
// COMPONENT 1 - MiniDLNA
//

** Install MiniDLNA package to get all the parts
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
The following additional packages will be installed:
  libexif12
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  libexif12 minidlna
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 443 kB of archives.
After this operation, 2,322 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://mirror.pit.teraswitch.com/raspbian/raspbian buster/main armhf libexif12 armhf 0.6.21-5.1+deb10u1 [312 kB]
Get:2 http://mirror.pit.teraswitch.com/raspbian/raspbian buster/main armhf minidlna armhf 1.2.1+dfsg-1+b1 [131 kB]
Fetched 443 kB in 1s (394 kB/s)
Selecting previously unselected package libexif12:armhf.
(Reading database ... 100%(Reading database ... 51467 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../libexif12_0.6.21-5.1+deb10u1_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking libexif12:armhf (0.6.21-5.1+deb10u1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package minidlna.
Preparing to unpack .../minidlna_1.2.1+dfsg-1+b1_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking minidlna (1.2.1+dfsg-1+b1) ...
Setting up libexif12:armhf (0.6.21-5.1+deb10u1) ...
Setting up minidlna (1.2.1+dfsg-1+b1) ...

Configuration file '/etc/minidlna.conf'
 ==> File on system created by you or by a script.
 ==> File also in package provided by package maintainer.
 ==> Keeping old config file as default.
Processing triggers for man-db (2.8.5-2) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.28-10+rpi1) ...
Processing triggers for systemd (241-7~deb10u4+rpi1) ...
** Disable MiniDLNA service
minidlna.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install.
Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install disable minidlna
** Install newer pre-compiled binary
cp: cannot create regular file '/usr/sbin/minidlnad': Text file busy

It must be that the package install of minidlna actually starts the daemon which would explain why the cp command fails. Changing cp to mv should do the trick.
Enjoy the Music!
(08-04-2020, 01:19 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Indeed the log shows fail to install new version.

Code:
//
// COMPONENT 1 - MiniDLNA
//

** Install MiniDLNA package to get all the parts
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
The following additional packages will be installed:
  libexif12
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  libexif12 minidlna
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 443 kB of archives.
After this operation, 2,322 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://mirror.pit.teraswitch.com/raspbian/raspbian buster/main armhf libexif12 armhf 0.6.21-5.1+deb10u1 [312 kB]
Get:2 http://mirror.pit.teraswitch.com/raspbian/raspbian buster/main armhf minidlna armhf 1.2.1+dfsg-1+b1 [131 kB]
Fetched 443 kB in 1s (394 kB/s)
Selecting previously unselected package libexif12:armhf.
(Reading database ... 100%(Reading database ... 51467 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../libexif12_0.6.21-5.1+deb10u1_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking libexif12:armhf (0.6.21-5.1+deb10u1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package minidlna.
Preparing to unpack .../minidlna_1.2.1+dfsg-1+b1_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking minidlna (1.2.1+dfsg-1+b1) ...
Setting up libexif12:armhf (0.6.21-5.1+deb10u1) ...
Setting up minidlna (1.2.1+dfsg-1+b1) ...

Configuration file '/etc/minidlna.conf'
 ==> File on system created by you or by a script.
 ==> File also in package provided by package maintainer.
 ==> Keeping old config file as default.
Processing triggers for man-db (2.8.5-2) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.28-10+rpi1) ...
Processing triggers for systemd (241-7~deb10u4+rpi1) ...
** Disable MiniDLNA service
minidlna.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install.
Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install disable minidlna
** Install newer pre-compiled binary
cp: cannot create regular file '/usr/sbin/minidlnad': Text file busy

It must be that the package install of minidlna actually starts the daemon which would explain why the cp command fails. Changing cp to mv should do the trick.

Thank you, will test it later!  Big Grin
I found that Pi4 with 8G ram can't use 64bit kernal as well. The 4G ram version is fine.
Hi everyone,
I just noticed that I am unable to invoke diskutil
I get the following message:
                  -bash: diskutil: command not found

I have already tried a clean install.
It's normal?
I'd use it to backup the SD as reported in the thread "How to make a backup of the SD card".
           diskutil list
           diskutil unmountDisk / dev / disk3
           sudo dd if = / dev / disk3 of = / Users / Lt1user / Documents / moode.img count = 6242304 bs = 512
           diskutil eject / dev / disk3
Thanks for your cooperation and best regards,
Francesco
Hi, you can use diskutil on MAC OS only