Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Album art with playlist
How about about adding albumart to the playlist ?
Aside from pretty eyecandy, your mind can faster decode the image that search for the album name and read it.

It gives you a fast state overview of the current playlist.

The attached images shows thumbnails with the size of the already available height and a little bit of opacity (60%) to prevent catching to much attention.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That would be cool. Can u make a PR?

Users that add thousands of tracks to the Playlist will be impacted tho so it will prolly need to be an appearance options ??
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Offcourse an appearance option. If only to prevent to upset @TheOldPresbyope ;-) I know Kent doesn't like to much screen candy.
lol
Enjoy the Music!
Don't mind me. I'm still reliving my days as the chief engineer and dogsbody for my college radio station. 

You wanted to play a "track"? You wondered into the dark and dusty closet with its rickety shelves loaded down with LPs obtained from record company distribution services and transcription records from major radio stations and tried to find what you wanted. Sure, we had a 3x5 index card system but with the constant turnover of college students the card catalog was hopeless.

Playlist? I guess that's what you could have called the stack of LPs left lying next the turntables by the "talent"---the various show hosts. Guess who got to put them away at the end of the night.

But I digress Tongue

Of course in the appearance options.

Regards,
Kent
(07-24-2020, 02:16 PM)bitlab Wrote: Offcourse an appearance option. If only to prevent to upset @TheOldPresbyope ;-) I know Kent doesn't like to much screen candy.

I think it’s more a performance issue than an aesthetic one but as long as it can be turned off then people can disable it if they find it a problem. It’s been a while but is the thumb available for these? I remember there was an issue with using thumb for the playbar but don’t remember exactly what it was, that’d help a lot. Wait, I think it was something like the thumb was missing for albums without cover art, so it showed a broken image, but there was a way to get coverart.php to use a predefined .jpg image for albums without cover art that wasn’t as pretty (no .svg) but solved it (it’s already in the logic it just needs a valid .jpg, Tim may have already done this, I haven’t looked).
Ya, there's a notfound.jpg in /var/www/images. It's not as cool looking as your nice SVG's but it does the job for the "image not found" exception :-)
Enjoy the Music!
(07-24-2020, 10:32 AM)bitlab Wrote: How about about adding albumart to the playlist ?
Aside from pretty eyecandy, your mind can faster decode the image that search for the album name and read it.

It gives you a fast state overview of the current playlist.

The attached images shows thumbnails with the size of the already available height and a little bit of opacity (60%) to prevent catching to much attention.

I just noticed the latter part of that... what does it look like with full opacity? We used to use opacity in the lists and changed to a version that pre-computed the color (textvariant) to save on compositing which led to much better scrolling performance in long lists. If it’s necessary it might be interesting to compare using something like filter: brightness to darken the image a bit vs opacity as there wouldn’t be any compositing hit.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs...brightness
I would like to maintain a playlist for my favorite radio stations. For this special case I would really appreciate to have station logos with the list entries, and even a thumbnails view of the playlist.

Currently I name the favorite radio stations with a leading special character in order to bring them on top of the list.
But unfortunatelly for sorting the internal name is used instead of the display name. So the station cannot just be renamed, but has to be deleted and created anew with the new name.
The new Radio view planned for moOde 7 includes a Favorite tag in the station metadata. It also allows sorting the view by tag. The sorted view would contain sort headers that when clicked would display a context menu for add/play the particular group of stations to the main Playlist. Something like that.
Enjoy the Music!