Thank you for your donation!

Music Server On Laptop
Hi, 
First and foremost I would like to say how brilliant Moode Audio is. I currently use Moode Audio on a Raspberry Pi Zero W that is connected to my USB DAC. However as I do not yet have a mass storage device, i.e. a 1/2TB HDD, I would like to access my laptop music library over the network. I have attempted Samba Share and manually entering the I.P of my laptop, however without luck.

Any help would be of great appreciation

Cheers,
Olly
(07-26-2020, 02:04 PM)grimmo03 Wrote: Hi, 
First and foremost I would like to say how brilliant Moode Audio is. I currently use Moode Audio on a Raspberry Pi Zero W that is connected to my USB DAC. However as I do not yet have a mass storage device, i.e. a 1/2TB HDD, I would like to access my laptop music library over the network. I have attempted Samba Share and manually entering the I.P of my laptop, however without luck.

Any help would be of great appreciation

Cheers,
Olly

You have provided no details. What OS? If Win10, then I have to note that dealing with its file sharing subsystem from a non-Windows client is notoriously difficult because of MS's many "improvements" to its security. You'll find other threads on this forum where several Win10 users get different results with nominally the same setups. 

An alternative to SAMBA might be to turn on DLNA (somewhere in media streaming options IIRC) and use moOde's DLNA browser feature to mount the library. Full disclosure: I haven't tried this.

Regards,
Kent