Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

radio station list view
I may have missed something obvious, but in Moode 6.x how can you view radio stations in a text list instead of the tile view.  I can find things like station names much faster in text.  I know, my brain is wired wrong.  <g>
(07-28-2020, 06:19 PM)nosferatu_cat Wrote: I may have missed something obvious, but in Moode 6.x how can you view radio stations in a text list instead of the tile view.  I can find things like station names much faster in text.  I know, my brain is wired wrong.  <g>

You're not the only one!

Phil

(07-28-2020, 06:36 PM)philrandal Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 06:19 PM)nosferatu_cat Wrote: I may have missed something obvious, but in Moode 6.x how can you view radio stations in a text list instead of the tile view.  I can find things like station names much faster in text.  I know, my brain is wired wrong.  <g>

You're not the only one!

Phil

Consider a moment, below each tile is the text station name.
At the far right of the screen is an a-z vertical search bar.
If you are looking for a station name (Just as you would in a list view) select the letter and the tiles scroll to that letter -plus and minus overlap depending on how many stations are present- then check the text for your station.
Wink
----------
bob
I too lament the removal of the radio list-view too. I found it much quicker and easier to scan down an alphabetical list than to scan across and down.
In fact thumbnails was the only thing radio list-view was missing to make it even easier to scan down quickly.
Pi-4B[1GB] with Allo DigiOne SPDIF

'This is the time. And this is the record of the time.'
Of course, you can always make 2 directories within the radios folder...  Favorites and Stock.

Move all the MoOde stations to Stock then copy back your favorites to ...Favorites.

If you have only a dozen or so regularly listened to stations then you will find Favorites opens  fast and is easy to select from.. Smile
----------
bob
(07-28-2020, 08:19 PM)The problem for me is the tiles.  It\s a brain wiring thing.  The presence of the tiles obscures the name to the point of making it hard to see the station. It's like the Comcast menu.  My wife is visually oriented.  Tiles work great for her.  For me they're an impediment just like a text list is for her. The thumb index on the side of the screen is too small on any display smaller than a desktop monitor to be of any use.  On my phone and 10" tablet it's almost impossible to tap on just one letter, even when using a pinpoint stylus and setting up the screen with the largest font .  DRONE7 Wrote:

You're not the only one!

Phil

If you are looking for a station name (Just as you would in a list view) select the letter and the tiles scroll to that letter -plus and minus overlap depending on how many stations are present- then check the text for your station.
Wink
(07-29-2020, 05:03 PM)nosferatu_cat Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 08:19 PM)The problem for me is the tiles.  It\s a brain wiring thing.  The presence of the tiles obscures the name to the point of making it hard to see the station. It Wrote:

You're not the only one!

Phil

Wink
On my phone the search box is barely visible. Just as well I know it is there.

I've always had a problem with icons in both apps and webpages, and rely on the mouse over text (where there is any) more often than not.

I guess if I'd misspent my youth playing graphical computer games (which weren't around then) instead of reading books my brain might have ended up wired slightly differently.

I can live with moode as it is, but an option for text-only lists would be fabulous.

As a workaround, add all the stations you're interested in to a playlist and select them from that.

Phil

Isn't what you're asking for basically an another playlist---or many---akin to the 47-station "Default Playlist" shipped with moOde? 

Yes, one first has to create the custom playlists, but I'm failing to see a difference in user experience.

Regards,
Kent
(07-29-2020, 05:54 PM)The only drawback is creating and maintaining the playlist.  The text only option, I assume involves some extra coding but might be as simple as a flag for presence of tile.  If tile_present is false it would default to list view.  Admittedly I\m completely ignorant of how the information is actually put to the screen.  TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Isn't what you're asking for basically an another playlist---or many---akin to the 47-station "Default Playlist" shipped with moOde? 

Yes, one first has to create the custom playlists, but I'm failing to see a difference in user experience.

Regards,
Kent
When using Windows to view files in a directory, I always use a list view. The icon view isn't efficient for me. Long time UNIX user here.

I see 4 or 6 stations at a time on my smartphones: not very many. My fingers aren't that fat. Controlling icon size by finger squeeze would be nice for smartphones, but my PC monitor does not have a touchscreen. I see 18 icons at a time on my PC and they too could be smaller. User controlled icon size? I didn't find a way to control icon size. Put it in the Radio Manager tool?

My granddaughter that can't read likes to pick stations on my cellphone based on the icon pictures. She wouldn't have much interest otherwise. Her listening choices are interesting.

I'm pretty sure radio icons are still a WIP.

Enjoying V7.0