Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Whole Library Shuffle
Is there any easy way to shuffle the whole library without creating a giant playlist? Every time I want to shuffle my whole library, I navigate to the Music Folder on my NAS and hit play, then enable shuffle. This method unfortunately locks things up as I have a decent sized library and it is a lot of data to add to a playlist at once. 

Thanks in advance!
have you tried turning on auto-shuffle in settings ?
M - Configure - Audio - Auto-Shuffle on
Play Music (1 Track in Playlist)
Hit the random button

When the last song in the Playlist has finished playing, Auto-shuffle adds two randomly selected songs from the music library to the end of the Playlist then repeats the process. This creates a continuous stream of music without growing the Playlist and having two tracks enables MPD Crossfade to be used. NOTE: Auto-shuffle replaces MPD random play as the method for the 'Random' button.
I have had the same issue for several versions of moOde. According to Tim (moOde developer) it is a resource issue. My music folder is on a synology DS415 play and there are over 2,600 albums which takes a significant to update.  I have had tried this feature on a much smaller music folder also on the NAS and it worked just fine. Thanks
(08-04-2020, 11:51 AM)fritschomat Wrote: have you tried turning on auto-shuffle in settings ?
M - Configure - Audio - Auto-Shuffle on
Play Music (1 Track in Playlist)
Hit the random button

When the last song in the Playlist has finished playing, Auto-shuffle adds two randomly selected songs from the music library to the end of the Playlist then repeats the process. This creates a continuous stream of music without growing the Playlist and having two tracks enables MPD Crossfade to be used. NOTE: Auto-shuffle replaces MPD random play as the method for the 'Random' button.

I played with this this weekend and it wouldn't work. I created a playlist with one song, and after that song no further music would play with the autoshuffle turned on. Not sure if it's a bug or if I have it configured wrong, or it won't work with music stored on a server. Perhaps it only works with locally stored music. Not sure, but it's kind of a bummer to not be able to turn on auto shuffle with a whole library without it bogging the system completely down.
It doesn't matter what's already in the playlist. To activate Auto-shuffle random play do the following:

1. Menu, Audio config
2. Turn Auto-shuffle ON
3. Return to Playback panel
4. Stop playback
5. Click the Random button underneath the volume knob

2 tracks should be automatically added to the playlist and the first of the two tracks should start playing.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-10-2020, 03:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It doesn't matter what's already in the playlist. To activate Auto-shuffle random play do the following:

1. Menu, Audio config
2. Turn Auto-shuffle ON
3. Return to Playback panel
4. Stop playback
5. Click the Random button underneath the volume knob

2 tracks should be automatically added to the playlist and the first of the two tracks should start playing.

Thanks Tim, oddly, it adds a whole album when I select the random button, not just two random tracks. When I delete the tracks it then adds two random tracks. Not sure if this is how it's meant to work?
It's not obvious to me whats happening on your end. It s always worked for me in the way I've described.

You should post an issue to the ashuffle maintainer about the "adds a whole album" problem and see if you can gain any insights. https://github.com/joshkunz/ashuffle
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-11-2020, 01:18 AM)Lttlwing16 Wrote: .....it adds a whole album when I select the random button......

please excuse this question, but could it be possible that you klick the wrong button ?

There are 5 buttons under the player bar in playlist view.
- three dots
- two crossed arrows for shuffle play
- a little monitor for coverview
- a star
- a heart for fovourites

When i press the star button then a whole album is added to the playlist.
When i press the crossed arrows and did the settings like TIM mentioned then two tracks are added to the playlist and shuffle is activated.
The crossed arrow button must be activated and coloured.

i'm really only asking because the star button performs exactly the function you described.
(08-13-2020, 02:45 PM)fritschomat Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 01:18 AM)Lttlwing16 Wrote: .....it adds a whole album when I select the random button......

please excuse this question, but could it be possible that you klick the wrong button ?

There are 5 buttons under the player bar in playlist view.
- three dots
- two crossed arrows for shuffle play
- a little monitor for coverview
- a star
- a heart for fovourites

When i press the star button then a whole album is added to the playlist.
When i press the crossed arrows and did the settings like TIM mentioned then two tracks are added to the playlist and shuffle is activated.
The crossed arrow button must be activated and coloured.

i'm really only asking because the star button performs exactly the function you described.

Thanks, this is probably what's happening. I'll give it a go later today.
I can report back this is exactly what was happening. First, I thought the auto-shuffle would happen on it's own, without pressing any buttons. Second, I was pressing the wrong button to activate the auto-shuffle button. Mainly because I thought that was just the shuffle playlist button, and wouldn't add any new music. So thanks again for the clarification.