Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Sort files in the library by file name and by directory structure
Suggested functionality:

Sort files in the library by file name and by directory structure sorted according to their name. In my opinion, this is the simplest solution to the problem of proper arrangement of libraries in the case of having a large collection of them and playing them on various devices. In general, I find all library functions offered in players (including Moode) useless. It is a time spent encoding files, unfortunately all IDTag editors add a lot of garbage to files in the IDTag section - only Xrecode does it correctly when processing files.
moOde is tag based and assumes the music collection is correctly tagged using widely accepted tagging practices. If your collection is based on embedding the metadata into the file and directory names then it won't work very well in moOde.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Rockbox and KODI (XBMC) offer two ways to organize music resources - the library and directory structure. After selecting one of the files, either in the collection or in the file structure, first a single-item queue is created, which, after the end of playback, is automatically extended by the next item in accordance with the current order of displaying items in the library or the order of displaying files in the directory structure. (This description: single-position and extension by another one next results from the fact that the structure of the library or directories in the case of a network player is not a permanent structure but it changes dynamically - the constant will be in a portable player where we have music recorded on a microSD card).

It is a very convenient functionality and I miss it the most in Moode (the same also applies to Volumio or the MPD clinet in KODI). I want to listen to more music, I choose one file and that's it. The playing continues the same. Paying too much attention to clicking on the GUI player unfortunately takes away the pleasure of listening to music. It's not about clicking instead of just listening. As I mentioned, with a large amount of music, adding the entire music collection to the play queue will not work.

Now I will go to the problem of organizing files / tracks related to the above functionality (as you can see, the functionalities of the players cannot be separated from each other, they always interpenetrate). Yes, adding a tag, creating sorting rules is somehow. Unfortunately, it's good for several dozen files, maybe hundreds. With large resources of tens of thousands of songs, this is a problem. The problem is extremely irritating, the more so because many other playback devices will not support the added tags, forcing you to organize the library uselessly. Then only a well-thought-out file naming scheme remains, it is unfortunately not only effective and reliable, it is also the easiest to use and shows the highest compatibility with any software or device. The greatest absurdity would be to duplicate your music set to the different devices in which it will be reproduced. Not only do we duplicate the enormity of the collection, but also create an additional amount of work. Not the way. Unfortunately, libraries are a completely useless form of organizing resources for me. Maybe they work well in the case of films but music, the natural order of which is the chronology of discography and categorization according to the performers, unfortunately the library is no longer convenient. Formally in Rockbox I can create custom sorting rules based on my own extra tags in files. However, this will not be transferable to other device.

With libraries in programs such as Moode and KODI (XBMC), presentation using thumbnails of covers ceases to be ergonomic with large resources (with a few hundred albums it becomes ineffective and, unfortunately, irritates - after a few moments of fascination with such a gadget you quickly abandon it and forget about it).

The above what I wrote are, on the one hand, my expectations, i.e. the continuation of further playback without the coincidence of using the Add function, and my further remarks are the result of my own experience.

Personally, I am an enemy of compilations etc for releases - they do not exist for me and do not represent any value.