Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: "Only when idle" option on instant play
Would it be possible to add a function that allows the "Instant play action" to be only effective if nothing is currently playing?  This would stop me from frequently starting payback of another album due to a stray tap while scrolling.  I think from a UI point of view it could be a check box for "instant play only when idle" to turn it on, and then perhaps a drop down to select either "no action" or "add" for what the action should be when playing.
----------------
Robert
m=>Appearance=>Library=>Instant play action and select what you want...probably 'No Action'
----------
bob
(08-18-2020, 09:18 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: m=>Appearance=>Library=>Instant play action and select what you want...probably 'No Action'

But I do want instant play, just not when something is already playing.  "No Action" effectively turns instant play off in all cases even when nothing is playing. I propose the option to instant play only when nothing else is playing so enabling the handy "one tap to play" feature, but protecting against the "accidental replacing of what's currently playing" by-product.
----------------
Robert
I've just realised that a simpler way to implement/envision this is to have a fourth "Instant play action" of "Queue".
No Action - turns off instant play.
Clear/Play - clears the playlist and start playing the selection.
Add/Play - add the selection to the playlist and start playing it.
Queue - adds the selection to the playlist and start playing if nothing is currently playing.
----------------
Robert
But... No Action turns off instant play so you can't accidentally clear a playlist...and you still have all the options clear/play add/play etc by clicking on the 3dot menu .... so why do we need yet another duplicate...? Queue is simply add.
----------
bob
(08-18-2020, 09:55 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: But... No Action turns off instant play so you can't accidentally clear a playlist...and you still have all the options clear/play add/play etc by clicking on the 3dot menu .... so why do we need yet another duplicate...?

I don't really mind either way about the clearing of the playlist, it's the stopping playing the thing that's playing now that's the issue.
At the moment we have the choice between always needing to tap more than once to get something to play or having a single tap play something right away regardless of what's already playing.  I'm simply proposing a third option of a single tap only playing if nothing currently is.  I don't see this as a duplication any more than the other two instant play actions are. 

Still, if its going to cause bother I'll just turn off instant play and live with the friction of two clicks to play. Big Grin
----------------
Robert