Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Play next option
It would be cool to have the possibility to add an album/song just after the current title played. Idea would be, once the current title is finished, the added album/title is played, no interruption for music

In the current state, either i add the album and it will be played at the end of the queue (could be a long time), or i clear/play or play, and music will be cut.
+1 on this. There are a few things that I think would be useful in the playlist management space and "play next" is definitely one of them.  I've suggested another for an additional instant play action.

Add all from here for both the append and play next option would be good too so one can select, for example, the 3rd track in an album and add that and all the following tracks with one click.  A "long press" to enter a multiple select mode would be nice as well to enable non contiguous selections for adding or deleting from play lists.

I'll ask for the moon on a stick in my next post Smile
----------------
Robert
The difficult thing here is not having the interface be overrun with options and become cumbersome.

Play Next typically inserts the song/album into the queue after the currently playing track, Play Later does what Moode’s Add command does. Is that what you’d like to see or do you want it after the current album finishes? The latter aligns more with how I listen to music but it might be confusing for users coming from other players.

Your idea about not having instant play run roughshod over a playing moode seems like a good one, maybe if playback is active moode can have a dialog pop up asking if you’d like to play now, play next,’ play later or cancel and maybe a checkbox to always do the action that way?

It’d be good to file such things as feature requests on moode’s github, whenever I have time again to mess with moode it’s unlikely I’ll remember forum threads and another developer might see it and get to it a lot sooner.
Thanks @swizzle ....agree and especially the github postings. ;-)
----------
bob
Quote:The difficult thing here is not having the interface be overrun with options and become cumbersome.
Yeah i understand the problem, you cannot add all the options that come to mind, also the more possibilities, the more difficult the support is

Quote:Play Next typically inserts the song/album into the queue after the currently playing track, Play Later does what Moode’s Add command does. Is that what you’d like to see
Yes that's the idea

Quote:or do you want it after the current album finishes?
I didn't thought about it, i also like this idea, could be an option of how "play next" works maybe or an other possiblity "Play after album"

Quote:maybe if playback is active moode can have a dialog pop up asking if you’d like to play now, play next,’ play later or cancel and maybe a checkbox to always do the action that way?
Thats sounds ideal, there is also the random problem to deal with, play next is useless if random is on, maybe set random off when using play next or hidding play next if random is on

Quote:It’d be good to file such things as feature requests on moode’s github, whenever I have time again to mess with moode it’s unlikely I’ll remember forum threads and another developer might see it and get to it a lot sooner.
I will do that, thx for ur answer @swizzle
(08-21-2020, 03:13 AM)swizzle Wrote: Your idea about not having instant play run roughshod over a playing moode seems like a good one, maybe if playback is active moode can have a dialog pop up asking if you’d like to play now, play next,’ play later or cancel and maybe a checkbox to always do the action that way?

That sounds like an ideal way to implement the instant play enhancement.
----------------
Robert
(08-18-2020, 06:14 PM)TookaFace Wrote: It would be cool to have the possibility to add an album/song just after the current title played. Idea would be, once the current title is finished, the added album/title is played, no interruption for music

In the current state, either i add the album and it will be played at the end of the queue (could be a long time), or i clear/play or play, and music will be cut.

This is a really good idea! No interruption is goals Smile
This "It would be cool to have the possibility to add an album/song just after the current title played" has been on the TODO list for a long time :-0 It just keeps getting bumped down in priority... Maybe we will see it for moOde 7 series.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Ha cool, looking forward to see it Smile