Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: YouTube Music (not YouTube)
Question 
Hi - does anyone know how to listen to YouTube Music on the MoOde player ? 

I tried using BubbleUPnP - use the MoOde Player via UPnP - but I don't know how to 'cast' YouTube Music to BubbleUPnP. I only see a list of devices I can cast to in YouTube Music, and I cannot connect to YouTube Music using BubbleUPnP.

Thanks
Hi Mike,

You're able to use Moode's Bluetooth renderer or if you're using an Apple phone/tablet you have the Airplay renderer.
Thanks Vinn, but I was hoping to avoid using bluetooth for anything other than connecting to my headphones. I should have mentioned I have an Android phone, which I will mainly use as the source for YouTube Music, so I'm not sure Airplay is an option. I have Linux and Windows laptops, but will only use these as a last resort.
I know I sound like a broken record when I say this, but "Google is your friend" (or Bing or DuckDuckGo or whatever your favorite search engine happens to be) is the first response I give when someone asks a general "how do I ...?"

In this case searching on "Android Airplay" turns up lots of hits. If none of the suggested apps work for you, there's always genuine Apple handsets. After all, Airplay is Apple's proprietary technology. I'm sure that's (part|most|all) of the reason Android doesn't support it natively.

Since YouTube Music has no published API it likely will be a long time before anyone engineers a reliable third-party plugin.

Regards,
Kent
AFAIK the only network audio players to officially support Youtube Music is Sonos or casting from the app to a Chromecast.
Also Youtube Music is pretty much the bottom of the barrel for audio quality so if you're avoiding Bluetooth for sound quality reasons maybe you should avoid Youtube Music also.
(08-20-2020, 07:29 AM)mikeaudioDIY Wrote: Hi - does anyone know how to listen to YouTube Music on the MoOde player ? 

I tried using BubbleUPnP - use the MoOde Player via UPnP - but I don't know how to 'cast' YouTube Music to BubbleUPnP. I only see a list of devices I can cast to in YouTube Music, and I cannot connect to YouTube Music using BubbleUPnP.

Thanks

Having the same problem. Not knowing how to listen to YouTube as well.