Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

TIDAL Cover Art missing?
(12-11-2020, 11:32 AM)majoros.g@gmail.com Wrote: Hi all, i use Moode 6.7.1 on PI 4 with Tidal integration configured in UPNP client for MPD. I use BubbleUPNP to browse tidal items control palyback via moode.
The credentials are stored in BubbleUPNP.
I got the following error message:
Authentication failed: timeout

With Moode 6.4.2 it works perfectly. What is the problem?

thanks,
Gergő

I haven't got a solution for you, but this is just to say that Tidal/BubbleUPnP/Moode 6.7.1 works OK for me. My Tidal credentials are in Bubble and also in Moode.
You could try re-entering your credentials in Bubble - I recall that solving a similar problem for me a while ago.
(12-11-2020, 08:56 PM)jonners Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 11:32 AM)majoros.g@gmail.com Wrote: Hi all, i use Moode 6.7.1 on PI 4 with Tidal integration configured in UPNP client for MPD. I use BubbleUPNP to browse tidal items control palyback via moode.
The credentials are stored in BubbleUPNP.
I got the following error message:
Authentication failed: timeout

With Moode 6.4.2 it works perfectly. What is the problem?

thanks,
Gergő

I haven't got a solution for you, but this is just to say that Tidal/BubbleUPnP/Moode 6.7.1 works OK for me. My Tidal credentials are in Bubble and also in Moode.
You could try re-entering your credentials in Bubble - I recall that solving a similar problem for me a while ago.

I installed the new version of Bubbleupnp and it's working fine. thanks for the feedback!
(12-12-2020, 09:26 AM)majoros.g@gmail.com Wrote: I installed the new version of Bubbleupnp and it's working fine. thanks for the feedback!

It seems Tidal has tightened its security and as a result of this most, if not all, of its API tokens don’t work anymore.  Opensource projects, including Moode (upmpdcli), used to use this method to gain access to its service, so they have been a causality of this change.  However, as you’ve found out with Bubble UPnP, there are a number of other methods which continue to make Tidal available on UPnP.  I guess you’ve got it working with the BubbleUPnP for DLNA android app, but it’s also available via mConnect, an iPhone/iPad app, or by running BubbleUPnP Server.

Incidentally, I use BubbleUPnP Server and have no issues accessing Tidal without entering any credentials on Moode.
Bump.

I have this same problem. Moode 7.1 on Rasperry Pi 3b

I'm using BubbleUpnp on a tablet to 'push' Tidal to MoOde as a renderer. (I have NOT entered any Tidal info the MoOde configuration)
Sound comes out fine, but no cover art.

I tried searching the forum, and I was unclear if there's any solution to this.
I have cover art working when I use JRiver as a UPnP renderer, so I would think it's feasible for MoOde to work also.

Since I'm using Tidal almost exclusively, this is a bit of a dealbreaker. I was so hopeful when I read that MoOde has a nice big cover art Now Playing screen, which I've been searchign for for a while now.

Thanks for any help.
Try enabling the OpenHome renderer in the 'Local Renderer' menu in Bubble and enable OpenHome Services in the moode UPnP config.
Folks, the code which retrieves albumart when using the UPnP Renderer is slightly broken. We're working on changes which will show up in moOde 7.2.0. 

There's an issue with the way we deal with OpenHome vs UPnP/AV services. Right now in moOde 7.1.0, with the UPnP Renderer enabled,

1) with either OpenHome service only or OpenHome and UPnP/AV services both enabled, you can control moOde with an OpenHome control point and see the albumart displayed.

2) with either UPnP/AV service only enabled or UPnP/AV and OpenHome services both enabled, you can control moOde with a UPnP/AV control point and NOT see the albumart displayed.

Regards,
Kent