Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

autostart after inet reconnect
Hi

i´m using moode for a whole time. Now we changed  our inet provider out of necessity, waiting since 3 years for fibreglas...

Now the provider makes a reconnect every 24 hours. When i awake in the morning, i have to start the radio manually. Not so good for the WAF.

Is there a way (a script for example) to restart play after loosing inet connection?

Sorry, i´m new to linux, i only installed this great piece of software on my pi 3 and it works...
Surely that's just a setting your router no?
Nope

it´s because of the provider (02) . I cannot deactivate it.
Quote:it´s because of the provider (02)

Who ??? Where ?? Why ??  Have you a link to their T&Cs and reason for this ? I know of no provider that will not supply an always on connection...seems strange.

Quote:I cannot deactivate it.
Can the provider ? Have you enquired of them ?
----------
bob
O2 seems to only do a business broadband package, is this a business line? No broadband should be disconnecting unless there's a line stability problem or maybe a DHCP lease time issue, which you should take up with the ISP. Sorry to be deviating from your initial question but this is somewhat of an XY Problem, X being your connectivity problems.

That said does enabling repeat help? You could also create a playlist with the same radio station queued a bunch of times and play that on repeat (probably easiest option).
Moode also has a playlist-based "Clock Radio" function if you didn't know, add your radio station to a playlist and make it play at a certain time.

Last ditch option I guess is that you could create a cron job on the Pi that runs 'mpc play' at a certain time of the day, this will trigger playback of whatever's currently stopped.
e.g. login as pi and edit the pi user's crontab;
Code:
crontab -e
append a cronjob to the file and save the change, something like;
Code:
0 4 * * * /usr/bin/mpc play
The above example will hit play every morning at 4am. mpd should continue playback of whatever it was last playing.
You may suffer a substandard or noisy line hence the DLM resets....
https://support.zen.co.uk/kb/Knowledgeba...leid=11511
Quote:When would a change take place?

The DLM system collects data throughout the day and analyses it overnight. If a change is required this would cause a brief disconnection – which takes place between 3am and 6am in order to minimise the impact on users. 

https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-...-p/1861918

Either way it seems to be something to take up with your provider rather than something MoOde could fix...
----------
bob
Hi

it´s a litte bit complicated... Our first provider canceled our contract ( DSL 6 mbit analog phone) since 2018 !! we are waiting for the fibreglas (it´s already installed in out home (ftth) but not online) so we went to o2 to save our phone numbers. So now with this o2 we have a lot of problems with stucking connections etc. I´m from a very small village in Germany...

But I´ll do test the cron of vinnn. Thank youi