Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Does Moode support FLAC Album Artist Tag?
Hi!

I have a quite large library (>20K files) with a large amount of FLAC files.
   I found several threads on album / artists and album artist.
   With MP3 files, everything seems OK when album artist is set to "Various artists" : 
   (See MP3_files attachment)
   - Album is displayed only once
   - Various artists is displayed in the artist column

However, Moode has a very strange behaviour with FLAC files with "Various artist" as album artist tag :
   (See Flac_files attachment)

- Tracks are not grouped under "Various artists" like with the MP3
    - When I select only the genre and a row in the album column, tracks are duplicated in the track view.
    - album is displayed mutiple times in the album view as well.

For FLAC files, I noticed that the grouping works only if the files have the same "Composer" tag for instance.

Is it the expected behaviour? Am I missing something?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

None of my Flac "Various Artists" albums list like that,they behave the same as MP3 Albums. I don't even use the composer tag unless it's Classical Music.
Quick answer: Yes

I've lots of albums with Album Artist tags including compilations tagged with Various Artists. All behaves as one expects in any sane music player software, selecting Various Artists in the artist column shows these compilations just like in your screenshot with the Taratino album

Your issue with the Sounds and Silence album is likely to be an issue with the files' tags and/or spurious cue files.
Yes it's odd that you have those duplicate tracks and I can also see that in the album column you have 6 entries for the same album (5 of them are blurred out)
A metadata issue that usually originates at the source files.
Thank you for you answers I manage my tags with MusicBee, I will try to find out what's going on with the flac tags.
   @vinnn : You are right, I have duplicated albums : as many albums as different artists in the album. In each album, several times the same track.
(09-08-2020, 03:29 PM)Dubbs777 Wrote: Thank you for you answers I manage my tags with MusicBee, I will try to find out what's going on with the flac tags.
   @vinnn : You are right, I have duplicated albums : as many albums as different artists in the album. In each album, several times the same track.

I will try to find out what is going on with my FLAC tags (I use MusicBee to tag my files)

@Dubbs777

I don't know MusicBee but many tagging apps hide important details from the user. 

If you don't see an obvious problem when you check your tags with MusicBee, you might do a few checks from the command line.

1. Examine one or more album directories for problematic content. From the command line (either using moOde's built-in Web SSH Term or by logging in via ssh from another computer) go to the file directory of an album you know is "duplicated" and run ls -la

Here's an example for an album on my NAS

Code:
pi@moode64:/mnt/NAS/OMV-Music/Jazz/Miles Davis/Sketches Of Spain $ ls -la
total 216168
drwxrwxrwx+ 2 pi users        0 Jul  1 13:51  .
drwxrwxrwx+ 4 pi users        0 Aug 24  2017  ..
-rwxrwxrwx+ 1 pi users 77769762 Aug 24  2017 '01 Miles Davis - Concierto De Aranjuez.flac'
-rwxrwxrwx+ 1 pi users 21879279 Aug 24  2017 "02 Miles Davis - Will O' The Wisp.flac"
-rwxrwxrwx+ 1 pi users 19540330 Aug 24  2017 '03 Miles Davis - The Pan Piper.flac'
-rwxrwxrwx+ 1 pi users 27920554 Aug 24  2017 '04 Miles Davis - Saeta.flac'
-rwxrwxrwx+ 1 pi users 74177476 Aug 24  2017 '05 Miles Davis - Solea.flac'
-rwxrwxrwx+ 1 pi users     8649 May 27  2016  AlbumArtSmall.jpg
-rwxrwxrwx+ 1 pi users    41283 May 27  2016  SaveFolder.jpg

Using the -a option will reveal the presence of any nonsense created by OSX or Synology DSM or other file-managing software, while using the -l option will reveal the presence of any playlists, etc.

2. Make sure the FLAC files don't have a renegade ID3 tag. The file command works well for this. 

Here's an example from the same directory as above

Code:
pi@moode64:/mnt/NAS/OMV-Music/Jazz/Miles Davis/Sketches Of Spain $ file '01 Miles Davis - Concierto De Aranjuez.flac'
01 Miles Davis - Concierto De Aranjuez.flac: FLAC audio bitstream data, 16 bit, stereo, 44.1 kHz, 43326780 samples

What's important here is that leading phrase "FLAC audio bitstream data". If, instead it says something like "Audio file with ID3 version 2.x.x" then it has an ID3 tag. It works, sort of, but it leads to confusion elsewhere.

3. See what mediainfo thinks is the metadata contained in the files.

Here's an example using the same file as above

Code:
pi@moode64:/mnt/NAS/OMV-Music/Jazz/Miles Davis/Sketches Of Spain $ mediainfo '01 Miles Davis - Concierto De Aranjuez.flac'
General
Complete name                            : 01 Miles Davis - Concierto De Aranjuez.flac
Format                                   : FLAC
Format/Info                              : Free Lossless Audio Codec
File size                                : 74.2 MiB
Duration                                 : 16 min 22 s
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 633 kb/s
Album                                    : Sketches of Spain
Album/Performer                          : Miles Davis
Part                                     : 1
Part/Total                               : 1
Track name                               : Concierto de Aranjuez
Track name/Position                      : 1
Track name/Total                         : 5
Performer                                : Miles Davis
Label                                    : CBS
Genre                                    : Jazz
Recorded date                            : 1960
Cover                                    : Yes
Cover type                               : Cover (front)
Cover MIME                               : image/jpeg
RELEASECOUNTRY                           : XE
MUSICBRAINZ_RELEASETRACKID               : ba0e594a-d69c-355a-a90a-11bd1cfa5a6a
ALBUMARTISTSORT                          : Davis, Miles
ORIGINALDATE                             : 1960
SCRIPT                                   : Latn
RELEASESTATUS                            : official
ACOUSTID_ID                              : 20d4c78f-284a-4e97-9167-664e3590e483
CATALOGNUMBER                            : 01-032023-10 / CD 32023
MEDIA                                    : CD
RELEASETYPE                              : album
ORIGINALYEAR                             : 1960